Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development
The apache2triad help , support and development forums

Help on Port Forwarding !!
Click here to go to the original topic

Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index -> Networking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnioM

Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject: Help on Port Forwarding !!  

I need help on port forwarding, I am using an antenna which I belive acts like a router, it looks nothing like a router, but I can connect to it on my laptop using a card that slides into the side of it to connect to it, so I belive it has to be a router, but when I go to http://192.168.0.1/ (which is the IP it tells me on IP Config) on the PC which has it and also on the laptop too, it just comes up page cannot be displayed :cry: any ideas.

Here is the antenna I have:
http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/wrls-asus-wl-127/

The antenna you see there is what I connect to and I want to be able to port forward port 80 to my webserver on http://192.168.0.237/ I have a domain setup (http://jmhosting.be) and also everything setup, just need to do the site :) and the port forwarding.

Much Help would be appreciated and it must be possible to port forward using this :( because how else will you do it !
dawg

Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject:  

Assuming you are correct -- its an ASUS WL-127 Wireless Card

I would suggest talking with a local computer shop and determining what wireless router you should use.
JohnnioM

Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject:  

I dont want to buy a router, that antenna you see in the picture acts as a router but looks nothing like one, so you must be able to port forward with it, there has to be some way because it acts as a router so there must BE A WAY TO DO IT but I do not know a way to do it, thats why I am asking a2p to try and resolve this issue as they probaly have users in the forum which know how to :)
pixelated

Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject:  

Im useless but if you had 2 wireless cards and in ad/hoc mode would they work like 2 nics and a cross over cable without using a router?. I have a asus router wl 520g and that has its config page on ip 198.162.1.1

Using my routers web page utility in (192.168.1.1) i was able to port forward to my server pc.

Does your pci card have that or is it just a utility for the wireless nic.
JohnnioM

Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject:  

Ok, My pc has all that in that picture installed in it, ok, and in my laptop I have a 54 Mbps Wireless-G LAN Cardbus/PCI Adapter.

And I do not know what you are talking about pixelated :l
Im new to this stuff (wireless and stuff)

My PCI card has a utility (laptops card) and so does the pc's card, but nothing in it is about port forwarding :l and I cannot access 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 or 82.111.92.59 (my ip that I see on http://ipchicken.com)
pixelated

Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject:  

Is there any other settings in there like ipconfig, wireless, nat settings, internet firewall, system setup, status and logs and log out. Is your mother board an asus as usualy they add extras with the boards like blue tooth etc just to get you to buy their boards.

I'd do as dawg says and get a router as that ASUS WL-127 Wireless Card is as it says a wireless adapter / access point, not router. But check with the shop as thats an 802.11b 11Mbps and pointless spending money on old tech, Get 802.11b/g unless your gunna upgrade your wireless adaptor to use the 802.11g at 54Mbps and now with 125% speed boost which should give you upto 110.0Mbps.
JohnnioM

Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject:  

Yes, My PC has an ASUS board, and I think the configuration center has IP config, not sure, lol, would there be any other way for people to view my webserver without forwarding ports or installing it on my pc ?
pixelated

Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject:  

Found this it may help. Its a picture of the webpage utility to configure an asus wl-500g. Its exactly the same as i use with my asus wl-520g. Guess its the same with most asus routers.

Click here to see what a router config page looks like
dawg

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject:  

If he has exactly what is in the pic on the link he posted, then it is not a router.

It is a Proprietary Asus Wireless network card.

There is no place to plug in a network connection, so for instance, He cannot attach his modem to the "Wireless Router"

Can you load regular web pages?????

If i am wrong, and i have been known to be on occasion, then yuou can find documetation for this "Wireless Router" on the ASUS page.

Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index -> Networking
Page 1 of 1