Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development
The apache2triad help , support and development forums

Can't get pgsql to start under a2t.
Click here to go to the original topic

Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index -> Databases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fdgloworm

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Can't get pgsql to start under a2t.  

I have been running a2t 1.4.3 with it's components for several months without problems. Unfortunately, due to storms last week, my system had a power outage and did not shut down appropriately. Now I cannot log into or access my db, because I cannot get postgresql server to start. I have tried starting from the cp, I have tried restarting the system several times. I have done site searches and internet searches and found that the power outage may be the culprit, but all their fixes don't work. I can't find a postmaster.pid file to delete. All permissions on files seem set right. I run command line pg_ctl start -D {datapath} and I get this error:
Quote: "Execution of PostgreSQL by a user with administrative permissions is not permitted.
The server must be started under an unpriveliged userID to prevent possible system security compromises."

I'm not sure what to do other than uninstall and reinstall, but I don't want to lose my db info. Can I copy folders and put them back in after a reinstall?

Any help would be appreciated.

Aaron
Vlad Alexa Mancini

Posted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject:  

backing up pgsql\data and restoring should be fine

Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index -> Databases
Page 1 of 1