Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development
The apache2triad help , support and development forums

Possible bug in slimftpd
Click here to go to the original topic

Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index -> Apache2Triad Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjohall2000

Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Possible bug in slimftpd  

Hi,
I Think i have found a bug in Slimftpd. If You keep on restarting it crashes the service in windows xp and you cannot restart it unless you reinstall apache 2 triad again. It will not even work even if you just reinstall the service in the ftp folder in the main a2t folder. This has happened to me three times?

jjohall2000
Joshua Meadows (DemoRic)

Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject:  

when you keep restarting it, and then it won't allow you to start it again, could you check your process list in task manager for slimftpd?
jjohall2000

Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject:  

Joshua Meadows (DemoRic) wrote: when you keep restarting it, and then it won't allow you to start it again, could you check your process list in task manager for slimftpd?

Ok, What should i do after this if i find it or not? also i have have tryed restarting my machine as well and this has no effect.
Joshua Meadows (DemoRic)

Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject:  

If it is you can kill the process, and then you should be able to start it.
If it's not then further bug tracking may be warranted.

I was just asking the likely culprit, an improperly closed slimftpd program that is still registered as running, but is in fact 'locked' thus not allowing another copy to run because it already sees the process running. I was just wanting to rule this possibility out.
jjohall2000

Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject:  

Joshua Meadows (DemoRic) wrote: If it is you can kill the process, and then you should be able to start it.
If it's not then further bug tracking may be warranted.

I was just asking the likely culprit, an improperly closed slimftpd program that is still registered as running, but is in fact 'locked' thus not allowing another copy to run because it already sees the process running. I was just wanting to rule this possibility out.

Hi,

But if i am restarting the computer, should'ant this then kill the process?
Joshua Meadows (DemoRic)

Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject:  

You are correct. I thought you were talking about restarting the slimftpd service.
Quote: If You keep on restarting it crashes the service in windows xp

Check your slimftpd logs, and see if you have another program listening on the slimftpd port.
jjohall2000

Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject:  

Joshua Meadows (DemoRic) wrote: You are correct. I thought you were talking about restarting the slimftpd service.
Quote: If You keep on restarting it crashes the service in windows xp

Check your slimftpd logs, and see if you have another program listening on the slimftpd port.

Yeh i was talking about restarting slimftpd, if you go 2 http://www.anydomain.tld/apache2triadcp and login the scroll to the bottum of the page and click stop then start slimftpd it crashes if you keep on doin it and even if you try to restart in again in services in win xp you can an error message (look at the attached image) and it will not restart again unless you compleatly uninstall A2P.

Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index -> Apache2Triad Bugs
Page 1 of 1