Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development
The apache2triad help , support and development forums

Connection refused cannot access server from outside
Click here to go to the original topic

Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index -> Networking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flava322

Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Connection refused cannot access server from outside  

this is my last resort as i dont usually post in forums unless i really need to after reading so many posts ive decided im in at the deep end here goes...I had my server set up, pretty simple really especially for a noob everything was going well then i replaced the hard drive and started again with a fresh install of a2t on the same os (win xp pro) tried various but xp pro was the way to go, opened needed ports, everything is already forwarded on the router from the last setup dyndns working properly forwarding my domain http://mp3workz.dnsalias.com/ and it worked! last night it did anyway.. i used the change domain script to work with the above domain restarted my computer and it stopped working from the domain changed the domain back to localhost and it still doesnt work after reading another post on this forum i used this http://www.radiotoolbox.com/online_tools/cantheygetin.php to see if everything was setup correctly and it tells me 82.25.25.91:80 is Closed Reason Given: Connection refused More about this error: This essentially means that the port is open to the internet but has no services associated with it. There is no firewall protection on this port. where am i going wrong? yes it does still work from localhost too all services appear to be running correct do you need any more info?
Joshua Meadows (DemoRic)

Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject:  

Everything is working fine, I can browse your site. Maybe your IP address had changed but not your domain name to ip resolution at the time you had checked.
flava322

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject:  

sorry i couldnt reply to my own post everything was fine i just had to reset my router :roll: thanx for the reply though thought i wouldnt get one

Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index -> Networking
Page 1 of 1