Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development
The apache2triad help , support and development forums

Doing what I'm told - reporting error (FAQ #27)
Click here to go to the original topic

Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index -> Apache2Triad Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
s_mack

Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Doing what I'm told - reporting error (FAQ #27)  

During install, there are a whole bunch of black DOS boxes... system beeped and had this message:

Quote: Setting password to smorehou , using path C:\apache2triad

C:\apache2triad/mysql/bin/mysqladmin.exe: connect to server at 'localhost' faile
d
error: 'Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)'
Password for Mysql not changed !!
Automatically using MD5 format.
Adding password for user root

We were unable to set the password 1 times ,
Report this to apache2triad.net
(Do not post screenshots , copy/paste the text intead) Press enter to exit

So as requested... here it is.

- Steven
Joshua Meadows (DemoRic)

Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject:  

Thanks for the info (you're using 1.5.4 I assume). All you have to do is log into mysql using either mysqladmin, or phpmyadmin, using root with no password, and then create one.
s_mack

Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject:  

Hi, thanks. Actually, the problem was that I already had SQL Server installed and running... I think that created a conflict. Fixed it by uninstalling SQL Server, uninstalling triad, and reinstalling triad. Works like a charm now.

- Steven
Vlad Alexa Mancini

Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject:  

s_mack wrote: Hi, thanks. Actually, the problem was that I already had SQL Server installed and running... I think that created a conflict. Fixed it by uninstalling SQL Server, uninstalling triad, and reinstalling triad. Works like a charm now.
- Steven

good deduction , you have confirmed just what i suspected , thanks for the info
s_mack

Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject:  

Hey, and THANK YOU guys!

I never heard of Triad before. I saw a link from my shopping cart software (zencart.com) as a simple way to get a local test server running without the pain of installing apache, php, sql, etc...

I gotta say... other than the hiccup I encountered that was easily fixed, it works beautifully! its making development so much faster for me now that I don't have to use FTP to update changes remotely.

so thanks!

- Steven

Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index -> Apache2Triad Bugs
Page 1 of 1