Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development
The apache2triad help , support and development forums

help with PEAR
Click here to go to the original topic

Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index -> Apache2Triad Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glyph

Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: help with PEAR  

Hi
I'm a big fan of apache2triad - I have been using it for three years now

I'm now trying to install my first PEAR package (the Excel spreadsheet writer) - this is with Apache running on my desktop pc

but when I go to the Package search or Package Management tabs on the PEAR front end the status bar shows "waiting for local host" and nothing happens

I cant find any info on what to do!
From windows cmd.exe, typing pear throws two errors:
firstly :

Runtime Error!
Program: C:\apache2triad\php\bin\php-cgi.exe
R6034
An application has attempted to load the C runtime library incorrectly

then I get a warning:

PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\apache2triad\php\extensions\php_curl.dll' - A dynamic link library initiailisation routine failed

But then after that I do get to see the Pear commands

'List' shows the installed packages but 'List-all' can't find the remote server

Any tips much appreciated!

ok - I've realsed the error is due to the curl.dll and the other dlls as mentioned in other posts..
Moving dlls around has made no difference
But all I need to do is install and run this package
'List all' shows this error:

expat reports error code 5
description: Invalid document end
line: 1
column: 1
byte index: 0
total bytes: 0

data beginning 0 before byte index:
The package list could not be fetched from the remote server. Please try again.
(Debug info: "")

um - any ideas what I can do?

another weirdness is I cant open the manual files from the A2T control panel - they are local files and I have checked the path is correct - weird
Joshua Meadows (DemoRic)

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject:  

http://apache2triad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4424
http://apache2triad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4002&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=phpcurl+dll&start=15
glyph

Posted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject:  

thanks Joshua but as I mentioned I did read those posts

I've tried moving dll's to other directories and nothing works
I disabled curl but I cant get 'pear install' to install any packages from c drive or otherwise

no one seems to have a prescriptive solution either - I mean what do you do about getting ZoneLarm, WS-Ftp (and others) to work afterwards - which both use the same dlls

I tried untarring the packs (the pack I need and its single dependency) and placing them in the pear directories but its only half working and I've checked all the paths - I figure there must be a config so pear can find the installed packages but god knows where that is - or does it just look at the directory? - I dont know and there's very little on the internet about manual placement - p-i-t-a!
Joshua Meadows (DemoRic)

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject:  

Sorry didn't fully read your post, I say the R6034 and figured that would be the problem.

As for the manuals see FAQ 18

Quote: no one seems to have a prescriptive solution either - I mean what do you do about getting ZoneLarm, WS-Ftp (and others) to work afterwards - which both use the same dlls

Windows will check the parent folder 1st for DLL's then the different system path's that are specified in environment variables.

As for PEAR, I don't really use it very often and the only problem I've personally ran across was wanting to install beta packages. I did my installs throught the web gui.
glyph

Posted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject:  

thanks Joshua - after a while I realised I could just drop the unpacked pear packages into the pre-installed pear directory tree and all is fine

yup - hadn't read FAQ 18 !
skipwinn

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: PEAR unpacked not working and have same problem  

This has been killing me, so i hope someone here can help. My HD died last week, so figure no big deal -- all source files are backed-up. However - I've reinstall Apache2Triad and all my PEAR packages are gone, most importantly HTML/QuickForm. I'm getting the php_curl.dll issue that everyone mentions in these posts, but still PEAR install interface doesn't work.

Then I see your post to just unpack PEAR into the directory. I've tried that (downloaded QuickForm - unpacked into PEAR directory) but still doesn't work when calling --

require 'HTML/QuickForm.php';

Any thoughts to how to get the PEAR packages installed without php_curl.dll .

"PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:'\apache2triad\php\extensions\php_curl.dll' - A dynamic link library (DLL) initialization routin failed."

TIA
rickh57

Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject:  

QuickForm should be included under HTML, not directly under pear...

Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index -> Apache2Triad Bugs
Page 1 of 1