Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development
The apache2triad help , support and development forums

Trying to Install in a Network Drive
Click here to go to the original topic

Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index -> Apache2Triad Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gogh

Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Trying to Install in a Network Drive  

Hi there.

I have not been succesful to install the Apache2Triad into a network drive. The services do not start.

I'm using WindowsXP Pro and it has a feature to map a drive letter to a shared network drive. It is assigned as "Z:."

When I ran the installer, it recognized it and the installation was sucsessful. After rebooting, I noticed that the services did not start. When I tried to start them manually, they said, "Could not start the Apache2Triad Apache2Service service on Local Computer. Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified."

Does anybody know a solution for this?
________
FORD HOSPITAL
Vlad Alexa Mancini

Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject:  

All windows versions since 98 have the drive letter mapping feature

A solution to your problem might be t use UNC paths rather than mapped drive letters (eg \\computer\share\) , reinstall and use such paths from the beginning.

However i have not tested such a scenario , i am not sure the configuration path fixing scripts will work with these paths.
gogh

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject:  

well, I reinstalled it and tried the UNC path but didn't go through.

During the installation, I got errors. Most of times like extracting files were ok. But as it reaches to the end I had to press enter to close the command prompt window wchih showed errors.

One of them was

Code: Changing all paths to :/

://apache2triad_readme.txt not found!!
://opssl/apache2triad_openssl.txt not found!!
://opssl/bin/openssl.cnf not found!!
etc..

57 files were not found ,if you did not do a custom install report tihs to apache2triad.net (Do not screenshots, copy/paste the text instead) Press enter to exit

part of another one was like

Code: //[i]Network Computer[/i]/apache2triad/mysql/bin/mysqladmin.exe: connect to server at 'localhost' failed

I was not able to highlight those errors to copy and post them here. It says to contact with apache2triad.net, so sounds like it is possible to install into a network drive.

Although the installation says it was installed successfully, the services do not start.
________
Ford 4F27E Transmission History
Vlad Alexa Mancini

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject:  

i allready warned you about config issues in my first reply
mind your crossposting too , we have rules
gogh

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject:  

Sorry about the other post if you minded it. I thought this topic was done when the UNC path did not work.

i apologize for the inconvinience.

Anyways, it seems there are no solutions, doesn't it?
________
Ford modular engine history
Vlad Alexa Mancini

Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject:  

no , i am marking this as for the next release , i will test this scenario then

Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index -> Apache2Triad Bugs
Page 1 of 1