Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development
The apache2triad help , support and development forums

High CPU Usage :\
Click here to go to the original topic

Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index -> Apache
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redpicasso

Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: High CPU Usage :\  

Hi all,
i have used apache2triad for 6-7 months without problems. Last week it started to stop without a reason. The only strange thing is that when it stops it stats to use 99-100% of the CPU... I don't think this is like overload of the PC because the machine is Athlon Dual Core 4200+ with 1 GB RAM. Now the only way to "sart" apache again is to restart it.
The version of a2t is 1.5.3
I have read #26 i think in the FAQ but it doesent helped...
Any ideas?
Here is a screenshot.

Sorry for the bad Eenglish...
dale

Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject:  

I had the same thing happen to me the other day. I use the same version of A2T, but on a different machine.

My problem was with a bad php script somewhere that I think sends the Apache into an endless loop. I still haven't found the problem yet. There is a php script causing my problem.

Here is part of my apache error log showing what process it is terminating, but I haven't found it yet.

[Sat Feb 24 00:24:34 2007] [notice] Parent: Forcing termination of child process 468

You might want to check and see if you have a badd php script running too. I'll let you know if I find mine.
AjnabiZ

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject:  

Hello

Apache2triad was running fine for around 5 months and yesterday, httpd.exe started taking up 90% of resources.

I noticed that it happened when I was installing Moodle

Is it apache2triad problem ?

Should we move to another Lamp installer?
dale

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject:  

I looked at the Moodle website and probably your problem is that the Apache2triad is running a different version of php than what the Moodle is built on. You can go 2 ways on this one.

You can go through the apache error.log files and see which scripts are consuming your resources and fix them or you can change to the xampp or lamp that the Moodle is built on.
AjnabiZ

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject:  

I have reinstalld Apache2traid

lets see if it works , if not ill move to xampp
cigraphics

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject:  

maybe someone was flooding your ip or someone downloaded something from your server the solution was to restart apache

Start > Run > type httpd -k restart

Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index -> Apache
Page 1 of 1