Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development
The apache2triad help , support and development forums

Outside mysql - yes i know sum1 already had a topic
Click here to go to the original topic

Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index -> Networking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opm881

Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Outside mysql - yes i know sum1 already had a topic  

Ok, so i am trying to get this thing to connect to my mysql server which is hosted on a computer at my house, but i am having the website on a proper webhost. The deal is that it still wont connect even after i ahve 1) edited out the bind, 2) changed the bind multiple times, 3) made a special user for the webhost to connect via.
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'ragcru.no-ip.org'
thats the error message, so any ideas?
Vlad Alexa Mancini

Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject:  

1 first off see is mysql is listening on the public ip (need to see it listening either on 0.0.0.0 wich means all interfaces or the ip itself) tcpview to do this

2 then see if the mysql server can be accessed from the internet , use http://whatsmyip.org/ports/ , port 3306

if step 1 is ok but 2 fails configure firewall/router
opm881

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject:  

thx, that whats my ip page really helped, but i realised what i hadnt done and i am gonna sound like anoob. i forgot to restart the mysql server after i changed the settings -_-

Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index -> Networking
Page 1 of 1