Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development
The apache2triad help , support and development forums

Virus found in apache2triad installation!
Click here to go to the original topic

Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index -> Apache2Triad Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Malekith

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject: Virus found in apache2triad installation!  

Hey, my virus scanner says the following after a scan:

Code: C:\apache2triad\opssl\bin\libssl32.dll
      [DETECTION] Is the Trojan horse TR/Dldr.Agent.byv.4
      [INFO]      A backup was created as '475f423d.qua'  ( QUARANTINE )
      [INFO]      The file was deleted!

Is this file really a virus or is my anti virus just being over protective?
Malteser

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: I just got a similar message: Trojan Horse in libssl32.dll  

I downloaded apache2triad1.5.4.exe yesterday and I am in the middle of a clean install of 1.5.4. During extraction Avira reported:

Code: C:\apache2triad\opssl\bin\libssl32.dll
Is the Trojan horse TR/Qhost.IT.5266

Can't find anything in the forums on this except for Malekith's posting (above).

Any advice?
Vlad Alexa Mancini

Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject:  

i can confirm that libssl32.dll in both the stable and edge 1.x.4 releases triggers virus scanners as infected

while i was not aware like in the case of some slimftpd versions the same applies to this too , the antivirus report is bogus , or missdiagnosis if you want

the routine detected and threated as a trojan is STunnel and tho it is somethimes detected as such STunnel is not a trojan by itself.

either way Kaspersky Lab labels it not-a-virus:NetTool.Win32.STunnel.404 , which is a bit more clear about the fact that this is not actually a virus

Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index -> Apache2Triad Bugs
Page 1 of 1