Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development
The apache2triad help , support and development forums

False or True Positives?: AVG Anti-Virus
Click here to go to the original topic

Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index -> Apache2Triad Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NWwoman

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: False or True Positives?: AVG Anti-Virus  

Running Apache2Triad on WinXP(SP3) as local test server for Drupal. Standalone PC. No router/Windows Firewall On but has a few exceptions enabled.

AVG Anti-Virus 8.0.237 reported the following. Are these false positives or the real deal? I cannot find anything about this particular trojan.

THANK YOU.
-------------------------

Infections File;"Infection";"Result"
C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\My Downloads\apache2triad\apache2triad1.5.4.exe;"Trojan horse BackDoor.Generic10.AUXV";"Infected"

C:\Documents and Settings\\My Documents\My Downloads\apache2triad\apache2triad1.5.4.exe:\$JN\perl\site\lib\auto\Win32API\Registry\Registry.dll;"Trojan horse BackDoor.Generic10.AUXV";"Infected"

C:\System Volume Information\_restore{21EA42AB-7DD7-4868-AF4D-33153271D375}\RP813\A0163969.dll;"Trojan horse BackDoor.Generic10.AUXV";"Moved to Virus Vault"

--------------
PostScript:

Note that I deleted the subject files and downloaded edge version apache from sourceforge again. AVG is, once again, reporting the above files in the same manner. I can't imagine that the new download would be trojanized.

I'd very much like to know if anybody else is getting a similar virus checker response.
Vlad Alexa Mancini

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject:  

yes this guy http://apache2triad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5551 posted and emailed me about it

sometimes i wonder if AV businesses flat out invent viruses sometimes just for the heck of it
NWwoman

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Trojan...  

I was told by someone associated with AVG that while it may not be a real infection, a port door is being used and "could" be a backdoor but that does not mean that it's a bad thing..just something to be aware of. Boy, that wasted me about a week's worth of time. Ticked me off. Seems like they could be the one's who build the exception into their database rather than the end user.

Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index -> Apache2Triad Bugs
Page 1 of 1