Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development
The apache2triad help , support and development forums

my apache service will not start on my xp
Click here to go to the original topic

Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index -> Apache
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhantomX

Posted: Thu May 13, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: my apache service will not start on my xp  

for some reason my service wont start. i have tried many things and a friend using the same thing has helped me and we are both stumped. do i need to use an astrict for my virtual sever? also i get an error saying invalid sever or something like that!!! if u can lend a hand that would be great
Vlad Alexa Mancini

Posted: Fri May 14, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject:  

got any Event Viewer messages i can use ?
PhantomX

Posted: Fri May 14, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject:  

i get a error message saying " windows could not start the Apach2triad service on local c computer. for information, review system error log. if this is a non-microsoft service, contact vender, and refer so service-specific error code 1." and also would my ip be 172.173.**.** if it repeats that # in my access logs? and last thing if i use a static dns from dyndns.org would i need any pecial configuration in my conf file? TY for the help
notshiny

Posted: Wed May 26, 2004 6:01 am    Post subject:  

This happened to my after modifying httpd.conf to enable VirtualHosts. Try running

apache -DONE_PROCESS

as the docs suggest and look at the interesting errors you get. Alternately restore the defaults to httpd.conf
cicero

Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject:  

Looks like my problem. Under XP the apache service just crashed. Eventlog is showing;

The Apache service named Apache2Triad Apache2 Service reported the following error:
>>> Unable to open logs .

apache -DONE_PROCESS

(OS 10048)Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port)
is normally permitted. : make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
no listening sockets available, shutting down
Unable to open logs

Look's some kind of threat is still using port 80.

b.t.w. this is the second time de service crashed after 2 hours of installing Triad. Only a reboot solved my problem. process monitor didn't show anything in use.

Some new info, this is the real cause why apache is crashing;
<attachment>

Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index -> Apache
Page 1 of 1