Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 ApacheSSL won't start
Google
skindoze

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all !

I am a noobie to the forum, so, during the course of my queries if i tend to sound a little dense, please bear with me...

First of.. a big thanks to the developers of Apache2triad,,, an incredible undertaking with excellent results.

To Vlad.. what can i say, except... SALUTE !

Ok, i d/loaded and installed Apache2Triad perfectly and have been reading the docs and help files and slowly progressing.

i have managed to configure and run it on localhost and a domain name without any problems whatsoever...

Theres just one thing that i'm very ignorant about, and that is OpenSSL and ModSSL and such..

First of,, i can't seem to get ApacheSSL to start Sad
In the Apache2Triadcp the button that starts it is greyed out and cannot be clicked..
So, i went to services in my system, and in there it said manual startup, so i tried to start it from services, but i can't... Sad
I get this error message when i try to start it in services : ' Windows could not start the apache2triad, apache2 service with SSL on local computer. For more information, review the system event log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 1 '.

Help me understand this please !

Thank you all in advance
rickh57

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Did you stop the normal Apache2Triad Apache2 Service? You can't have both the normal and the SSL Apache services running at the same time.
skindoze

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank yourickh57....

That worked just fine Very Happy

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic