Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 connecting to MySQL with Dreamweaver
Google
bau-lin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm trying to connect to the Db via Dreamweaver.

I'm basically trying to create a site where people can create a profile and upload info to my DB.

My OS is XP Pro, and I've installed 1.1.7.

So after tons of help, I was able to change my password and access phpmyadmin and create my own database.

Now, I'm trying to access that thru Dreamweaver.

I'm sure it's been done a million times.

Can someone tell me step by step, how I can connect to mysql with dreamweaver.

[edit]
I went into phpmyadmin and created a database called "testing". With table "name" and fields "first" and "last".

I've entered:
Connection Name: connTesting
MySQL Server: localhost
Username: root
Password: pass
Database: Testing

Is this correct?

The error I get is:

The testing server specified for this site does not map to http://localhost/_mmserverscripts/mmhttpdb.php.
[/edit]
kolatracks
past contributor
past contributor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Your post in the other thread has nothing to do with that thread. I updated the above post with some details from the other post and deleted it.
In the future, if you think your problem or question is related to another thread on this board then start a new thread and in it explain that you think your problem might be related to whatever and post a link to it.

Anyway.
If phpmyadmin and php-nuke work then mysql is working fine. The fact that you cannot connect to mysql in dreamweaver is because your doing something wrong.

I like to be as helpful as I can but dreamweaver is way off topic here. Try a forum that deals with dreamweaver or take a quick trip to google.

I will say tho' that that error you get is because you wrongly configured the test server settings in DW. Most likely either the URL or directory settings are wrong.
Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i have been wanting to test the new dreamveawer functions myself tho'im not a dreamveaver user so ill give it a try myself and if its woth it maybe ill write a tutorial on how to do it

might take a while tho'
Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ok i tested it with dreamweaver mx
looks interesting tho' i dont really find it superior to the traditional ways of web coding

i dont think a tutorial is needed since its realy easy

just press Ctrl+F10 in dreamweaver and perform all the 5 steps presented there
kolatracks
past contributor
past contributor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 6:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
looks interesting tho' i dont really find it superior to the traditional ways of web coding

I agree. The PHP code generated by DW is good if you don't know PHP and want to make a single dynamic page like a image gallery but if you want to make a whole site in PHP then there really is no alternative to writining it by hand.
I can personally guarante that you won't be able to make an entire dynamic site in DW without making changes to the source. Or at least not how you want it.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic