Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 phpPgAdmin 3.5.1 Login failed :(
Google
gollum

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 5:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello!
sorry if this a silly question, but I have been trying to login to phpPgAdmin, but no matter what username and password I use, i just this:

I have even downloaded the latest version, apache2triad 1.5.2 silent update, and did a fresh install of it, but i still cannot login. Crying or Very sad

I then tryed to see if there was something wrong in "/guipgsql.php" or "/editor.php?load=pgsqlconf", but i found that everything was blank in both of them, and no matter what i put it would not save any changes...
Sad
Thanks in advance!
gollum
Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 5:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

most likely you do not have a postgres cluster (it failed to initialise) so most likely the server is not even running , have you thought about checking that ?

did you get a console promt with "Enter password for apache2triad :" and have you entered the same password there that you entered in the installer ?

if so after entering the password in the console you should have see an lenghty (about 1 minute) pg database cluster initialization progress

if pgsql/data is empty it means that the initdb command runned as the apache2triad user just before the end of the installation was unsuccesfull and postgresql is not fully installed on your system

so either runas or initdb failed

reasons why initdb would fail include having a nonstandard locale , not having a NTFS file system , postgres utilises a feature called 'reparse points' to implement tablespaces which is not available on FAT partitions

reasons why runas would fail include not entering the same password you previously set in the installer , or your system's runas command requires special settings http://apache2triad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2576
rickh57

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 7:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

By default, Postgresql is not configured to start automatically, so if your pgsql directories were created, you still need to make sure that the Apache2Triad PostgreSQL Service is running before trying to connect to it via phpPgAdmin.

(I ran into this just last evening and kicked myself once I realized that I'd forgotten to start Postgresql--and then immediately changed it to automatic startup!) Very Happy

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic