Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 Connect to MySQL
Google
MattB

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

First I want to say thanks to those who brought us Apache2Triad! Awesome product indeed.

My question: On a default install, what is the path needed in order to connect to a given MySQL DB? Not so much the PHP code, just the path of where the database can be found. I used myPHPAdmin to create the DB and I know where it is in Windows Explorer, but I can't ever get it to connec to it via PHP, a web browser, etc. All the settings are at default. Thanks!
Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

here is the answer for the only logical interpretation of your question that i could figure out

under the C:\apache2\mysql\data\ path you will see directories bearing the names of the databases you have and the data for each one is inside the respective dir

you should try the mysql testing script on apache2triad index to see how php is used to conect to mysql (using a browser)

and please try and keep the nonsense like "the DB and I know where it is in Windows Explorer"

Windows Explorer just some piece of software and it does not hold your databases inside it

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic