Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 Persistent Transient Failure Status: 4.4.7 Unable [Solved]
Google
Slo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been running Xmail/Uebi for quite a while with no problem... I stopped getting mail on a server so i tried to mail my server from hotmail and the mail did not get delivered,what I got was this error
Code:
Reporting-MTA: dns; comcast.net
Arrival-Date: 11 Sep 2005  4:22:03 +0000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

Final-Recipient: rfc822;
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; Persistent Transient Failure: Delivery time expired
Last-Attempt-Date: 11 Sep 2005  4:22:03 +0000

Looking into this error I find no cure... This is a second server,my main domain "Main Mail Server" accepts email fine... I can send mail from my main domain server and receive it at my second one,but any mail from the outside does not get to me... I can send mail from the offending second server and recieve it at hotmail and my ISP email address...

This just reared is ugly head as I had No problem like this before...

I tried reinstalling everything and can't get to work...

I need a clue...

Thanks.
Slo...

BTW Hello All

Last edited by Slo on Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

RFC3463 wrote:
A persistent transient failure is one in which the message as sent is valid, but persistence of some temporary condition has caused abandonment or delay of attempts to send the message. If this code accompanies a delivery failure report, sending in the future may be successful

Hotmail is hectic , try a different mail provider and monitor your server to see if the mail provider connects too , you are looking at this one sided , only at what the sender says.
Slo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I tried it from My ISP Comcast and a dialup backup ISP,all report the same "persistent transient failure"... I sent the mail To my main domain and CC to my secondary domain and only the main goes through...

I see nothing of the failed emails in my logs... according to the error there is nothing wrong with the incoming mail itself Right??? So why would my server reject it??? I know I am trying to use logic in a illogical environment

I reinstalled xmail/Uebi again but I did not configure it yet... I will see what happens tonight when I do...

a couple of months ago I tried to use SpamAssassin and then uninstalled it,, so maybe I screwed up something then... Instead of using backup files to the new install, I am going fresh and configuring anew...

Slo...

Edit: Turned out to be my domain name holder "Yahoo"... Seems they change the MX record on me to their own server,once I changed it back to my server all the transiant mail poured in from the last 24hours of testing... The flaw was not in A2T or Xmail/Uebi,but I am happy I upgraded to 1.5.3 so there is a brite side...

Tanks,
Slo...

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic