Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 Xmail with more than one domain?? Advice needed...
Google
Terry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi. I'm running a server from home (DSL), with a static IP.
I've managed to get phpxmail working with my domain name (mydomain1.co.uk) and can send/receive emails to & from this domain just fine. Also I can set up mail accounts for other users and they can login and collect their emails. Good stuff so far.

Now........ I have another registered domain (mydomain2.co.uk)
I add this as a new server in phpxmail and add a user account, which goes just fine.

When I try to login to this account (me@mydomain2.co.uk) from a mail client. It says it can't login.

I checked the logs in phpxmail and it seems that the pop3 client is trying to connect to the original domain (mydomain1.co.uk) instead of (mydomain2.co.uk)

So.... My question is: How can I use phpxmail with more than one domain and not just the default one as set by the "change domain" script in apache2triad?

Any help is much appriciated.

Thanks.
Regards Terry...

A bit more info. That I forgot earlier:

I can send mail to the new domain address (me@mydomain2.co.uk) and it works fine. phpxmail shows that there is a message on the server, waiting to be collected.

When trying to receive the mail through my pop3 client, it logs in on to (mydomain1.co.uk) looking for a mailbox that only exists on (mydomain2.co.uk) thus the login and password are not valid.

my pop3 sever is 10.0.0.11 (LAN) So that is what I put in for pop3 server in the client (Thunderbird)

Thanks.

Terry

Problem fixed. Please refer to this thread:

http://apache2triad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3943

Thanks.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic