Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 Using home comp as server
Google
joeman3429

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, this is my first post, be kind to me:D. Let me just say that I'm doing this for fun. Not for any real reason, I just want to see if I can.

Let's say that I have a computer behind a router, 192.168.2.2

Let's say that I have apache2triad running on the computer in my bedroom, and let's say that I have a phpBB forum running on the aforementioned "server". I can visit the forum using the other computer on my network by typing 192.168.2.2.

My question is, can I get my IP from a site like whatismyip.com and type that in and be able to view my forum from any computer?

I went to my router setting and added this in my "Virtual Servers"(port forwarding I think) page:

Inbound port: 80
Type: TCP
Private IP Address: 192.168.2.2
Private port: 80

But when I type in my IP(not 192.168.2.2, my REAL IP), it takes me back to my router settings page. How can I make this work? I'm sure I'm missing something. I added port 80 to my windows firewall, and I know it works because I can see my server from other computers on my home network.

Thanks for any help
Luth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am not an expert when it comes to routers but the problem you are having is excatly the same as my friend had. Everytime he tried to view his website he got the router config but when i typed his ip in my browser it worked alright and i saw his website.
Maybe that is the case with you too. Ask some of your friends to test it for you.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic