Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 MySQL externally blocked?
Google
boniggy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have the latest version of Apache2Triad installed and working beautifully, i upgraded from a program called FoxServ.. which is doesnt even come close to A2T.

Only problem i have is that it seems like port 3306 is blocked from any external querying. I've looked thru a bunch of configs but can't find where this setting is. I know its not a router problem cause the router wasnt touched and it was working fine before i installed A2T.

Im sure somebody here has run into the same problem... I would love to know where the setting it to take this bit of security off.

Thanks in advance.
-Bo
Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

the mysql 3306 port is not blocked , mysql is just not configured by default to listen on anything but the local loopback ip , and there are good reasons for doing so

Keyword : bind-address
Solution : http://apache2triad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=914
boniggy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok this doesnt work... after i do this.. now none of the accounts that ive setup for MySQL work. Ive played around by trying to make accounts that arent localhost instead using the % symbol but its still a no go.

I love all the features that come with this program but i need this to work. I have certain websites that feed off of this mysql DB and i need them to be able to read it.

Ive tried setting the bind_Address to my local 192.168.1.65 and thats when i cant login to it. As soon as i change it back to localhost or 127.0.0.1 it works...

Please help.
Joshua Meadows (DemoRic)
support
support

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

make certain that your firewall will allow connections on 3306.
The local loopback interface is usually exempt from firewall rules as it's a local only setup.
dawg
support
support

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

boniggy wrote:
Ok this doesnt work... after i do this.. now none of the accounts that ive setup for MySQL work. Ive played around by trying to make accounts that arent localhost instead using the % symbol but its still a no go.

I love all the features that come with this program but i need this to work. I have certain websites that feed off of this mysql DB and i need them to be able to read it.

Ive tried setting the bind_Address to my local 192.168.1.65 and thats when i cant login to it. As soon as i change it back to localhost or 127.0.0.1 it works...

Please help.

Yuou have to configure the accounts to connect on the new IP's.
By default, most accounts will only run on localhost.
DELETED

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

DELETED

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic