Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 outside web access to apache!!!
Google
richw_sanders

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, generally I would say I am pretty competent when it comes to computers and figuring out things I do not know, but my A2T situation is a little different than the others I have read. I am deployed to Iraq and have a pretty kewl billet. In our shops spare time we have been designing a website. The network we are/would be using to host this site we own. I control the firewall and I can do port forwarding all day long, but in the Marine Corps infinite wisdom when they bought the service they had port 80 closed. So to access the net I have to use a proxy through 8080. I have a no-ip host and dns, but I would prefer not to use that. I want to use the public ip as my .com name… Where I am confused at is I have to port forward on the router from port .proxy/8080 to router then router to local ip/port 80. I can pind my public ip address from two different locations not on the same network; I cannot access my web pages or even get to the directories. So how do I access my site’s form the outside world? If this is confusing just let me know and I will try to better explain it, but any help is appreciated…
Joshua Meadows (DemoRic)
support
support

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Firstly, Urah!
Thank you for your service to your country. Semper Fidelis

Secondly, for clarity request go in this order: (If i understand correctly)
ClientRequest -> Proxy Server1:8080 -> Proxy Server2:80 -> A2T Host.

My question to you is can you just skip proxy2, and have A2T listen on port 8080. (this can be accomplished by changing the listen statement in \apache2triad\conf\httpd.conf)

My second question is if the IP is static or dynamic. If it is dynamic, it would be better to use a DNS like no-ip.
richw_sanders

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

well thanks for your support in both matters and it has been a year so i am about to get of this country again.

ok i have a static publi IP address.
I would say the traffics flows as follows:

client request(outside world) -> proxy server:8080 -> ipcop router (port forwarded) -> A2T host:80

Also, every time i change the listen to something other than 80 it screws up my ability to access A2T control panel via localhost.

In addittion, I have a no-ip, but if i am accessing it through the proxy it picks up the proxies address and not mine.
Joshua Meadows (DemoRic)
support
support

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You could have 2 listen statments:
Listen *:80 or Listen 127.0.0.1:80
and
Listen *:8080

As for no-ip
if you use the DUC client program for gathering info on your host, you can manually set it up.
Options Button -> Connection Tab
Then you can manually set your ip on the standard tab
OR
Setup the proxy info on the proxy tab.
richw_sanders

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ok well thanks for the advice on the listen statements, that worked great, but i have been fooling around with no-ip and i lic ip once and I got it to register my public ip once and then my private ip; i could try to ping my hostname and the ip would pop up, but it would time out. I think there might be another router between me and the internet. hey thanks for the tips though. once i figure this out, im sure i will be back here for virtual hosts...
dawg
support
support

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Do a tracert from the server to something like www. yahoo.com from the command prompt.

That will tell you if there is another router between you and the world.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic