Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 Xmail vs. php script problems.
Google
topher

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've looked through the forums and can't seem to find a similiar problem to this.

I can use xmail, or uebimiau rather, to send and recieve emails to, say a yahoo account, but using a php script, will not send to those addresses. I can get the script to send back to the domain name though. The yahoo address will give me a "550 Relay" denial from the SMTP.

Any thoughts?
hwange

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dis you solve your problem cos I am having the same and would love to know what the cause is.

I have set my email up in outlook and I can send and receive emails outside and inside my lan, tested hotmail and gmail successfully.

However when I try to use a page to create a new user it says it sent the email but it never arrived, if I create a user with an email address from my domain it works fine

Any help would be very much appreciated
topher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nope, No fix yet. I pretty much gave up on it for now. We have half our site hosted somewhere else and their mail works fine, so I just send everything back to the other server for email confirmations and such.
nicowolf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 6:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have had the same problem people, and YES! FInally fixed it! Here are the issues you need to look at.

1) Make sure that the php.ini has a default email address that exists on the server.

2) In the XMail configuration GUI, take a look at the server info, make sure that it does not read 127.0.0.1 (localhost) since most of these high-end mail servers like yahoo and others do some checkups in the mail and if they see something they don't like, they will not except the mail.

3) This is what my problem was, you need to make sure that you have a reverse DNS record on your server. Meaning, the receiving server has to be able to convert not only your IP to a domain, but also your domain to an IP. This can be easily done by requesting your ISP to enter in the value at their DNS servers.

4) Make sure that you edit the SMTPRelay.tab file and type in it your IP address and subnet mask in quotes (ie "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" "yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy") These two quotations should be the only thing you enter in the file.

Let me know if you have any questions about this, I am in a hurry so was a quick explanation... Wink Hope it works for you guys...

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic