Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 Emergency Help!!!!!!
Google
Michael404

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok so....I have installed and had everything working just fine...had.

Now things are from from working like a charm and I have a flight to catch in less than 12 hours and a site to build out before I do...I do have a back up and SHOULD be no big deal excpet I am a apache beginner and cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the site to work on port 95 (or any other port) ...I did have this working so I know it can be done I just have no CLUE as to what i did.

I even have another box with everything running fine although it is not Apache2Triad...I did notice the conf files are different it was fairly easy on my linux set up....there was a include pointing to a ports.conf file and all i had to do was

Listen 95

or whatever port and I am good...still is good up and running.

Problem is...that client wants to see it run on a windows box. Outside of the network and port 80 is obligated to my exchange server on another box of course.

Why is this so difficult and could please, please someone come through with the clearest directions I have ever read! I have been through forum after forum and post after post and I am just frustrated because of how much time I have put into doing something I had and have already set up.

My file directory is C:/Apache2Traid/

and the site I am getting up will sit in the htdocs..

A trillion thank you's in advance!!!

Michael

PS... mayeb all I need to do is set a virtual directory...just do not know how in apache:(

I just wish I knkew what in the world I had done last time...I had phpMyAdmin and teh website I hav ebeen working on running from the same directory ie C:/Apache2Triad/WEBSITE and they were both on the same port...

Problem was freaking port 77 being blocked by firefox and that would just cause speed bumps with this client....I couldnt bear to think about having to help everyone that wanted to see the site configure there browser...ahh what hell!

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic