Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 images on website show either broken images or red x's
Google
mechman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi,I'm a newbie and need some help.I have installed apache2triad on my computer and have tried to set it up to serve a website.I have managed to get some of it to work,but some parts I'm lost as what to do. I have installed oscommerce on it for the purpose of using it as a website/shopping cart in the future once I get the hang of this.One of the problems that I am running into is I can type my web address into my browser on my computer and it will load up my website with no problems,but if I go to an outside computer and enter my web address I get to my web page but it does not load any images or my header logo.All I get is text and red x's or broken images.I do have a dynamic ip and have went through some steps to set it up to work.I figure since I am able to access my site with any computer outside my house that I should be getting close to having the dynamic ip and web address working right.I'm just stuck on how to approach my viewing problem.Just one of many problems I expect to incounter in the future.Here is my http.cong file along with my web address.Thanks in advance.

www.gearheadhq.com
keenan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have the exact same problem. I run the change domain script with "domain.com" which does not fix the problem. I then run the domain script again and instead add the server IP address.... no luck.

Now when I try and use the "change domain" script, it seems that the server IP address that was added hosed the script because everything is in red and I can't rerun it????
Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

FAQ Question #7 and many topics cover this
dawg
support
support

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You should also check the config of the CMS you are running and ensure that the path is correct -

Its currently set to http://localhost/path/to/files
SnaKe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

it was also an issue with one of the zonealarm versions. cant remember which one though but it has since been fixed
dawg
support
support

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is an issue with the mambo config -- simply taking a look at the path to the images shows localhost as the domain path.
keenan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

1) I do not have Zonalarm
2) I set the EnableSendfile to Off and that didn't fix the problem

- THe odd thing was that the images for PHPxmail and PHPftp were working, just not for the CMS.... I did download a CMS called Joomla (which is the new mambo)... I will check the mambo config. Thanks Dawg!

Keenan
steppenwolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had to set up the ip in the config file (for visiting from outside of my network)

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic