Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 Cannot access from other computers
Google
alacritous

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello,

I'm having a bit of a problem here. I cannot access my computer that's running apache2triad 1.5.4 on Windows XP from my other computers . I know that you use the local IP (e.x. 192.168.1.100) to access it from other computers in the network, but that is not working. I am sure it's not a firewall issue. Maybe it's something I don't understand about apache2triad (as I have set up apache, php, mysql separately a while ago).

I have localhost for the apache configurations and domain. Is this correct? Or does apache2triad require your actual address (e.x. 192.168.1.100) for the values.

Basically whenever I try to access the address, it just does nothing for a while. Just "connecting to" and "loading" forever, then finally times out.

Thank you in advance,
alacritous
Joshua Meadows (DemoRic)
support
support

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

FAQ #5 will help you with your problem
alacritous

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No, actually it won't.

I specifically said I used my local IP (NOT localhost) in an attempt to access the web page from another computer. I had read all the FAQs, documentation, and even searched the forums for a while.

Anyway, I found out the problem. While looking through the config file, I saw it had "listen localhost:80" as default for whatever reason.
Joshua Meadows (DemoRic)
support
support

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was in a hurry, it is a common problem that people don't change their hostname to something different than localhost, and then try to access it from another pc. I didn't read the FAQ question, just did a quick search for the answer.

Quote:
You need to use the private network IP or external public IP of the server or the hostnames associated with them

However, the question wasn't quite what you were having problems with. I changed it to be inclusive of your problem.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic