Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 PHP scripts stop loading
Google
Rune Colin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello.

I have now tried for some time to get PHP running on Apache2Triad (1.4.4), but with small luck.

All php scripts works, but if the output from the script is larger than about 8kb the apache server closes the connection. This is not a code fault, as the connection also is closed if i write regular html in a .php file and add only one <? ?> tag. All html enterpretation works fine!

The weird thing is, that none of this happens when i access the server locally (from the server itself or from the LAN)

The install i am trying on is a fresh A2T install, only with virtual hosts inserted into the httpd.conf.

Any ideas?

best regards,
Rune Colin
Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i can almost guarantee you that apache plays no part in this but something along your router and isp
Rune Colin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you for answering. :)

I dont think that it is the apache, but maybe the php interpreter. As mentioned the error only occurs when trying to execute a php-script whoose output is larger than about 8kb (as far as i can see the allowed output varies).

I am behind no router, as the server has its own public IP, and is only behind a stealth firewall (firewall-switch - it does not have an IP), which serves some other Apache/php-servers.
Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well i am not only making but largely using apache2triad too and i have had php scripts output hundreds of kbytes with no problem , i mostly only use the stable relases tho it is quite unlikely for that to be the problem
Rune Colin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay.

Thanks for your time, anyway. I will try to wiggle things round. Wink

Edit: The solution is to install Service Pack 1 or 2 for Windows XP. The network stack has been upgraded, making it compatible with Apache 2.2

it works, yay! Wink

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic