Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 fsockopen() error in xmail. help required
Google
furious angel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hey,

i have just re-installed apache2triad at the suggestion of Vlad and the changedom has worked and my domain now lists as the correct one.

however, now im at my next barrier. how to set up the mail server?

I have looked through the forum and it looks like i have bits of everyones problems rolled into one.

I can recieve mail fine, but sending is the problem.

this is the output after a long wait trying to send an email from any of my setup accounts. (myDomain is substituted for my real domain for this post)

ERROR (2): fsockopen(): unable to connect to myDomain.com:25 (A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. ) (C:\apache2triad\htdocs\uebimiau\inc\class.smtp.php:105)

the code at line 105: $tval); # give up after ? secs
i've tried increasing the time to wait for a response, but this doesn't help.

Ok, now i tried to follow instructions from several of the posts here but im not sure where to go from here.

Im running a NO-IP account for running the dns for myDomain.com and their setup instructions aren't very comprehensive. Not sure whether to configure myDomain.com and/or www.myDomain.com and/or mail.myDomain.com.

Any help from people who are in the same situation or have overcome this problem moreso would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Last edited by furious angel on Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

see the first 6 FAQ entries and FAQ NOTES on what is a domain , further assistence with more detail like dnsreport output
furious angel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thanks vlad,

as i said in my post, most of it is set up, it looks as if my problem lies with the dns configuration with no-ip. Ive sent them a support ticket to guide me through the process for configuration with them.

ill see i go

cheers,

ben

No-ip got back to me, quick huh?

apparently everything is set up with the dns on their end and they say that dns on their end only handles inbound email, not outbound which is common. what is it i am missing here? everything has been configured on my end as per instructions found on this forum and in manuals.

ben
furious angel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

hey,

still having trouble with sending email from uebimiau...

Refer to my last post for details of the error.

http://apache2triad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4908

No-Ip says everything is configured on their end with regards to inbound mail settings and that outbound is supposed to be covered on my end.

everything has been configured as per instructions found on this forum and in manuals etc.

ports 25 and 110 are OPEN

Virtual Hosting is in use as i am hosting a couple different domains.

Theres something that obviously hasnt been done right as i have followed instructions in the FAQ as vlad suggested and i have followed instructions in the how to set up email in the relevent forum category.

what am i missing here?

any help would be greatly appreciated...

cheers,

ben
Joshua Meadows (DemoRic)
support
support

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Some ISP's block port 25 traffic from dynamic IP's in an effort to reduce virii, and spam (or maybe to convince people to pay more for static).

While this may not be your problem, if everything else is setup properly, and working then there is a strong chance it may be.

There are ways around port 25 block though, including using smpts, smtp_auth, etc.
See http://apache2triad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4128&highlight=certified+mail
for similiar post.

If this is a route you decide to try here's 2 programs that I like for port redirection.
http://www.networkactiv.com/AUTAPF.html
http://www.stunnel.org/

Also some dynamic dns providers offer a redirect service.
http://www.no-ip.com/services/managed_mail/inbound_port_25_unblock.html
furious angel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

thanks man,

Here's a nice little bit of information my ISP neglected to tell me.

...If you have set up your email application to send email using an alternate provider or you run your own mail server, you won’t be able to send email using port 25 unless you are exempted...

So basically they block port 25 for outbound unless you are static or have a corporate plan.

This supplier is dodgy anyway, offering only 512/128 which is bogus for hosting. My new faster plan with a new supplier starts tomorrow anyway and they give me a free static IP Address.

I guess this is the problem, i'll have to get back to you once i sort this out to see if this works.

cheers,

ben
Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

cut it out with the multiple topics on the same issue and the uppercase subjects , read the Forum Guidelines because you are this close to a ban
i expect you to change the subject of this topic with a more descriptive and lowercase one

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic