Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 I can connect but nobody else can.
Google
Seminal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OK. Here's the setup I've got. I'm running the Apache2Triad 1.5.2, and it used to work. After reinstalling my OS (WinXP SP1), I tried it again. Now everything is working, until I try and get people to connect to it externally.

Right now, I have it coupled with the NO-IP DUC, under the forwarder http://seminal.servebeer.com/ That won't work.

I've tried typing in my IP address manually for them. That won't work either.

I tried typing the address, and forcing the browser to go straight to port 80. Nothing on that.

I've also gone into the Apache config GUI directly and changed the server and portname of the Apache server to 8245, the port that the DUC looks at first. Still nothing.

As far as I can see, the dynamic update client isn't to blame. I'll reset everything to the way it was when I fresh installed, since I've gotten nowhere (localhost80 etc) so anyone who can help knows the setup. I've not changed anything else apart from the admin email address.

And yes I've tried restarting my computer.
Joshua Meadows (DemoRic)
support
support

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Since you did a fresh install I'd check Windows Firewall.
madraver

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Another thing to check is if your provider is blocking inbound port 80
Sulfox

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you've got a router then that'll most likely be the problem.
DO NOT worry, all is not lost!

Everytime you check your ip on a website, the ip will be the router ip.
Go to Start > Connect to > Show All Connections > Click 1 time on the internet connection and look at the left hand side of the screen, that is your ip address!

By the way, if you use a dynamic ip thingy like DUC, make sure thats got your real ip as well, on DUC go: Options and click on tab Connection select both square box things and select the connection from each.

If you haven't got a router then my next idea would be that (WAIT, before you stop reading, keep doing so, its not what you think I'm going to say next) your isp may be blocking port 80, if so then change the config file (which you have done) and restart the server, that got me before as well. (If that doesn't work try port 8080, thats another common port.

If you cant follow these instuctions but I have found the problem, reply and I'll detail them more!

-Sulfox

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic