Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 Xdebug MUST be loaded as a Zend extension
Google
wizbang
donor
donor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Greetings,
First I want to say how much I appreciate all the hard work that's been done. As soon as I can figure out the problems with my Pay Pal account I am going to send a small donation (I can't afford much)

My problem:
I just installed the latest version of Apaceh2Triad, the install went picture perfect as far as i can tell. Very nice install.
Apache2Triad ...........version 1.4.1
Apache ....................version 2.0.53
MySQL .....................version 4.0.24
PostgreSQL ..............version 8.0.0
Openssl ....................version 0.9.7e
Slimftpd ...................version 3.16
Xmail .......................version 1.21
Path to sendmail C:/apache2triad/mail/bin/sendmail.exe
Perl ......................... version 5.8.6
Path to Perl C:/apache2triad/perl/bin/perl.exe
PHP ..........................version 4.3.11
Path to PHP C:/apache2triad/php/bin/php.exe
Python ......................version2.3.4
Path to Python C:/apache2triad/python/bin/python.exe

I ran into a problem trying to get the php debugging established. In the previous version of Apache2Triad, I was using dbg. I noticed that this new version comes bundled with xdebug so I wanted to first see if I could enable that.
Here are the steps I took...
1) I went to the Apache2Triad PHP Configuration
2) I checked the Enable XDebug check box
3) I saved the changes
4) Stopped then restarted the Apache Server using the Apache Monitor
5) check Apache Error Log - Looks ok no problems
6) check PHP errorlog has following error message:

(PHP Error Log)
[30-Mar-2005 03:10:00] PHP Warning: Xdebug MUST be loaded as a Zend extension in Unknown on line 0

debug information of the (php.ini) file

[Xdebug]
;apache2triad Xdebug config
extension = xdebug.dll
xdebug.auto_trace=On
xdebug.profiler_enable=On

[Debugger]
;apache2triad dbg config
;extension = dbg.dll
debugger.enabled=On
debugger.profiler_enabled=On

[Zend]
;apache2triad zend optimizer config
zend_extension_ts = C:\apache2triad\php\extensions\zendoptimizer.dll
zend_optimizer.enable_loader = 0
zend_optimizer.optimization_level = 15

Any help would be very appreciated.
Regards,
wiz
Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I was using dbg

then you should have enabled dbg not xdebug

either way you can enable both in the same time , they both load , see the phpinfo page to verify , that warning is nothing i can do about and it has no impact on the loading of the extension , it is just a anoying notice

btw it is best to use the windows services or the apache2triadcp restart button for restarting apache as oposed to the apache monitor
wizbang
donor
donor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am new to this environment. I had installed an earlier verion of the "triad" and it took hours of hunting and pecking to understand enough to get the other debugging to work.

This is a new version and it is as unfamiliar to me as the first one was , and being so new to this environment I am very careful not to change ANYTHING I really don't uderstand. That's how I got into my mess in the first place. I had been on other development platforms for almost a year and "forgot" much of the apache/php/mysql and wound up blowing my password for root on the mysql service. I couldn't connect to anything. I tried re-installing mysql that didn't work, so... long story short I wiped everything clean and downloaed the new apache2triad version starting from scratch.

I never heard of xdebug till yesterday.
I don't have a clue about what those php.ini commands are supposed to be.
I don't know how to start it up (if it even "starts" up)
I don't know how to use it within the PHPEdit program, etc.
(I am just trying to evaluate if xdebug is equally as good as the other dbg)

All I know is that I saw an error message.
I never saw anything in the php.ini file that looked even close what I had in the old php.ini file for setting up dbg.
This is what my old php.ini file had in it. It took many hours to get that to work and I don't know what every line means. It was pieced together from bits and pieces I found on forums.

Code:

;apache2triad dbg config
;zend_extension_ts = "c:\apache2\php\extensions\dbg.dll"
;original triad debugger
;[Debugger]
;debugger.enabled=on
;debugger.profiler_enabled=on
;added by me (found a number of listings like this)
; *** PHPEd Debugging Directives
; ** Directive 1 - Enabling the debugger 1
; DEPLOYMENT: Comment out this next line
; DEBUGGING:  Uncomment this next line
extension=php_dbg.dll-4.3.4

; ** Directive 2 - Enabling the debugger 2
; DEPLOYMENT: change this next value to off
; DEBUGGING:  change this next value to on
[debugger]
debugger.enabled = on
debugger.profiler_enabled = on
debugger.hosts_allow = localhost, 127.0.0.1
debugger.hosts_deny = ALL
debugger.ports=10000/16, 7869
;previous stuff
;[Debugger]
;debugger.enabled = true
;debugger.profiler_enabled=true
;debugger.JIT_enabled = true
;debugger.JIT_host = clienthost
;debugger.JIT_port = 7869
;debugger.JIT_level = 4
;debugger.fail_silently = false
;debugger.ignore_nops = false
;debugger.timeout_seconds= 300
;debugger.enable_session_cookie= true
;debugger.session_nocache= on
;debugger.ports=7869, 10000/16
;apache2triad zend optimizer config
[Zend]
zend_optimizer.enable_loader = 1
zend_optimizer.optimization_level = 15
;zend_extension_ts = "c:\apache2\php\extensions\zendoptimizer.dll"

;apache2triad Active Debugger config
extension=activedebug.dll
activedebug.enabled=1
activedebug.port=9001
activedebug.remoteport=9000

As you can see by the commented lines, I was keeping stuff I found, just in case I still needed it.

When I look in the new directory structure and the current php.ini and do not see any file that resembles "php_dbg.dll-4.3.4" ,or I see that the ports numbers are different, and lack knowledge as to how the "Listener" has to be set up I am at a loss. I know these configuration files like someone who is able to understand "good morning or how are you " in a different language. As soon as you get beyond that I am lost.

it would be nice if someone had put up a document that said:
"Here's what you need to have in your php.ini file if you want to use
the dbg debugging environment..., and this is what you need to have in your C:\apache2triad\php\bin directory etc."
"Here's what you need if you want to use xdebug..."

I can't use my old httpd.conf or my php.ini files because directory structures have changed, versions have changed, so basically I have to try and 're-learn' all over again how to make it work.

i was hoping for a solution rather than a chastisement "then you should have enabled dbg not xdebug " like I really know what that means and exaclty how to do it. From what I can see nothing is enabled. the phpinfo() shows nothing enabled for any debugging.

I didn't see the Apache Start button till today. Thanks for mentioning that. Why use that? The Apache Service Monitor has a heading of Apache2Triad 1.5 how do the (Restart Apache, Windows Service, and Apache Monitor) differ?

It's easy for someone like you to assume that everyone has a certain level of understanding that requires little or no explanation. I've been developing for almost 30 years and have worked on very complex systems (13 million lines of code) in the realtime telemetry of telecommunications systems.

I'm just not as familiar or comfortable (yet) with this environment. I don't want to break anything, so I try to find answers before I meddle about. And when I don't understand what each line means it's nice to have a step by step no-brainer "recipe" for making it work
Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you for your donation wizbang

Like i said above if you were using dbg before there is nothing stopping you to do so again , you do not even have to get into xdebug

Both dbg and xdebug are php extensions , they are independed from each other and they provide different debugging features , more info on them on http://apache2triad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1729

Like i also said the warning you are getting does not mean that xdebug has not been loaded , and dbg does not need xdebug to be loaded for dbg to work anyways.

Once you checked either one of them in the config gui and restarted apache you can search for its respective name on http://localhost/apache2triadcp/info.php to see info about it and make sure it was succesfully loaded

You do not have to manually add anything to php.ini like that text you have quoted because that only broke it , you want to remove that and leave php.ini like it was originally for it to work and only make changes from the gui untill you get familiar with php.ini directives

So if you see it there then it means it was succesfully loaded despite of whatever warning message , so
[quote]ran into a problem trying to get the php debugging established/quote]
you need to explicitly state the problem you ran into , as the problem is not the loading of the module and the warning does not mean that it was not loaded

Also you are in luck because i did some video flash tutorials in the past for the exact task of configuring some well known php ide's with different debugging extensions http://nextcode.org/downloads/tuts/
wizbang
donor
donor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the reply. I think I understand it a little better.
Long ago, too many years to remember, I was very good a Unix and I am familiar with the concept of configuration files etc. it's just that I spent some time a way from Development things to do something different.

Many Regards,
wiz

PS I have another larger problem that requires a new thread.Smile
AjnabiZ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

[quote="Vlad Alexa Mancini"]Thank you for your donation wizbang

Like i said above if you were using dbg before there is nothing stopping you to do so again , you do not even have to get into xdebug

Both dbg and xdebug are php extensions , they are independed from each other and they provide different debugging features , more info on them on http://apache2triad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1729

Like i also said the warning you are getting does not mean that xdebug has not been loaded , and dbg does not need xdebug to be loaded for dbg to work anyways.

Once you checked either one of them in the config gui and restarted apache you can search for its respective name on http://localhost/apache2triadcp/info.php to see info about it and make sure it was succesfully loaded

You do not have to manually add anything to php.ini like that text you have quoted because that only broke it , you want to remove that and leave php.ini like it was originally for it to work and only make changes from the gui untill you get familiar with php.ini directives

So if you see it there then it means it was succesfully loaded despite of whatever warning message , so
Quote:
ran into a problem trying to get the php debugging established/quote]
you need to explicitly state the problem you ran into , as the problem is not the loading of the module and the warning does not mean that it was not loaded

Also you are in luck because i did some video flash tutorials in the past for the exact task of configuring some well known php ide's with different debugging extensions http://nextcode.org/downloads/tuts/

Thanks for the video tutorials.

Ill look into them.Smile

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic