Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 Can't get SQL to work

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay, please bear in mind I'm COMPLETELY new to this. I've used PhP and SQL before, but when it comes to using Apache and localhosts or whatever, I'm a complete newbie and I don't know what I'm doing! Help would be very much appreciated.

I'm using Dreamweaver to make a website. I can get PHP working fine, but if I try using a mysql_connect(blah blah blah) function, any php after that fails to load.
I thought it might be that my host, username and password were incorrect, so I tried logging into the MYSQLAdmin application that came with Apache, using the following details:

Server host - localhost
User - root
Password - (my root password for apache)

Note that these are the EXACT details that get me successfully get me into the Apache2Triad control panel.
However, they did not work here. I was denied access to 'localhost'

I then investigated further in the Apache2Triad control panel.

When I try running from here PHPMyAdmin, I get the following error:
Cannot load mysql extension. Please check your PHP configuration. - Documentation
I checked the config file, and the relevant dll seemed to be present, and the following line was NOT commented
(I assume that the ; indicates a comment)

Testing the MySQL returns the message
The mysql php extension is not loaded

I think that's all the information I can give. If anybody can tell me know I can get all the SQL stuff working, and/or tell me what host, username and password I should be using, I would be REALLY grateful, thankyou.

Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

all evidence point to the failure of php to load the mysql extension , there will be details about this in the php log , and the windows application log

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic