Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 Problem witch Apache2Triad and PHPBB2 Plus
Google
tunne

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello,

I'm having problems with PHPBB2 (http://www.phpbb2.de). Everything seems to work well (uploading pictures, browsing through the portal, ...) except for the forum and the registration of new users. Apache always crashes when I try to access the messages in the PHPBB2-plus forum or try to registrate a new user.

When I'm using a different distribution of Apache (Uniform Server: http://miniserver.sourceforge.net) I don't have this problem.

I want to use Apache2Triad because I find it the best distribution on the internet.

What do I do wrong?

I am using Windows XP Pro (SP1)

This is what I did so far:

- Clean install of Apache2Triad
- Installing phpbb2 plus (I tried with version 1.3 and version 1.5: always the same problem)
- Tried to create new SQL database and re-install phpbb2: problem is still there

The funny thing is that the regular phpbb-forum (http://www.phpbb.com, the one without the portal and the mods installed) works just fine.

Hope you guys can help me...

THX in advance!
caperneoignis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Did you try to make sure there are no other services running. Like your older apache installs. (this is assuming you didnt unistall the other apache servers.) if it still has that problem, then what type of sql server are you using. And what is the site set up for localhost or http://yourdomain.com/. also since your using xp pro did you make sure to uninstall IIS web server that comes with windows (the infamous dog meat server). If all that doesnt work hit me up at my e-mail or something.

p.s some people may say im full of it and those cant be the problem. Well you never know and since no one else posted i figured you might as well trouble shoot.
D-Force

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi caperneoignis ,

I've got the same problem at Line-out / Forum

When someone has registered ( if they can register ! ), and tries to post a reply for the 2nd time, you will get the following message :

Quote:

Could not obtain post/user information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Ø?Ú' at line 1

Ø?Ú004 ?ÆðšÂpt.pؚ .pos  « zÚ _uidicon_mad.gif_po?ÆЪÅ, ph¸ªÅ xtøŒÂè«ØùÏ( ¡Ð(óÅ(óÅ@Æ€=Ðì ¨«X)ÎHŒÐ…Ú èÅXÆ15

Line : 115
File : C:\apache2triad\htdocs\forum\includes\topic_review.php

When I open the topic_review.php everything seems to be ok.

The error message indicates (to me) that there is a problem with the smilies. Because the error with the previous installation also gave a similar error.

I've got a clean install of everything . I even formatted the pc and installed everything a new installation Confused

And still these errors occur.

I'm using the latest Apache2triad version and phpbb version 2.0.10
And Win XP Pro

When i'm using the photogallery of : http://coppermine.sf.net/
and i'm posting there and keep reply-ing to messages everything seems to be ok.. see -> Photogallery
So the connection with the MySQL-database is ok.

Ps. The error logs shows the following :

[Sat Jul 24 16:14:54 2004] [notice] Parent: child process exited with status 3221225477 -- Restarting.
[Sat Jul 24 16:14:55 2004] [notice] Parent: Created child process 2056
[Sat Jul 24 16:14:55 2004] [notice] Child 2056: Child process is running
[Sat Jul 24 16:14:56 2004] [notice] Child 2056: Acquired the start mutex.
[Sat Jul 24 16:14:56 2004] [notice] Child 2056: Starting 150 worker threads.

MySql: ready for connections.
Version: '4.0.18-nt-log' socket: '' port: 3306
040724 16:14:54 Aborted connection 43 to db: 'forum2' user: 'root' host: `localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)
040724 16:18:35 Aborted connection 59 to db: 'forum2' user: 'root' host: `localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)

You can try it for your self, I didn't disable the non-guest postings

Maybe you can help me with this ?
Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

indeed i tested it on your forum and was able to replicate the bug you described

now , the only pertinent explaination for this is a database corruption issue or a hard drive failure wich would be the cause of the first

while having a bad cluster on a harddrive in a spot where some of the mysql database binary files were stored i experienced something similar

so be sure to do a filesystem scan and if the problem persists , a surface test

also you might want to go in phpmyadmin and play with the phpbb tables , (insert new/edit rows etc) and see if it gives any errors too
D-Force

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nope, didn't worked for me ..

Did a full surface scan + checkdisk for faulty files.

And tried to fiddle with the tables in phpmyadmin , everything seems to be ok.

But as i mentioned before, i also run a photogallery this is running on the same MySQL different database. And this is running ok.

So i'm really stuck here ! Crying or Very sad

BTW i no get the following error :

Quote:

Could not obtain post/user information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'xîM' at line 1

xîMrnamH¨D˜¨D€pt.p˜îM.pos p¨DøìD.€_uidssì÷ ´¨D€¨D°”Eð”Eð“Esmilies_id_posts_textØ~Eèæèæ((…DðÜDðÜD8ZEhåBì ¨æÈã=8oD`äM(Ÿ;¨ ;15

Line : 115
File : C:\apache2triad\htdocs\forum\includes\topic_review.php

and again something with the smilies ?? ??

At line 115 it says :
Code:

message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Could not obtain post/user information', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);

Total commando :

Code:

//
   // Go ahead and pull all data for this topic
   //
   $sql = "SELECT u.username, u.user_id, p.*,  pt.post_text, pt.post_subject, pt.bbcode_uid
      FROM " . POSTS_TABLE . " p, " . USERS_TABLE . " u, " . POSTS_TEXT_TABLE . " pt
      WHERE p.topic_id = $topic_id
         AND p.poster_id = u.user_id
         AND p.post_id = pt.post_id
      ORDER BY p.post_time DESC
      LIMIT " . $board_config['posts_per_page'];
   if ( !($result = $db->sql_query($sql)) )
   {
      message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Could not obtain post/user information', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
   }

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic