Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 typical newbie problem
Google
ayusuf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I installed Apache2Triad but I dont know how to run it. I went to programs and then went to Apache2Triad. It opened my browser and took me to a login scrn. What is this. How do i change my password and everything. HELPPP.
Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That is the Apache2CP login

The control panel from where you manage servers and performs tasks like changing the password

Sorry , no newbie step by step how-to's available

Apache2Triad provides you with wonderfull but also powerfull software that you might not have been normaly able to get up and running.

From there on we feel like its best to let the begining users , discover by themselves , bit by bit , this new server infrastructure gifted to them by apache2triad

That is the only way you will troughly learn , so play , discover , and in the end you will wind up claiming its features

However this bundle may be too much for you , it is normaly inclined to users with at least some experience with such servers , then i suggest using some of the standard bundles like miniserver, phpdev etc
ayusuf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got my problem fixed. Does this program come with ftp and to connect to the internet you have to use ur ip. When am i connected to the internet I just give my ip number away and they can logon or do i have to logon to apache2Triad in my browser for it to work.
LiquidSnake
past contributor
past contributor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The FAQ should answer your domain questions

Quote:
Does this program come with ftp

It comes with FTP server, yes.

Quote:
I just give my ip number away and they can logon or do i have to logon to apache2Triad in my browser for it to work.

umm ... If you installed it as a system service (which you probably did) it runs always in the background.. And you always need to be connected to the internet if you want outsiders to reach it, otherwise you'll just be able to log on locally (on your host computer)

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic