Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 Interesting error with Nuke site on localhost
Google
confusedxx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have CPG Nuke development site on my localhost. But several features don't seem to work correctly. One is a WYSIWYG editor which has a bunch of js and stuff in the /htdocs/devsite1/includes folder and the other is a theme problem using Autotheme.

The error messages I see in my error logs when I try to use the editor is:
Code:
[Tue Aug 31 09:35:48 2004] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: E:/apache2triad/htdocs/includes

This tells me for some reason it is looking in my htdocs folder and not in my devsite1 folder (which is the name of the folder for this project) for the includes subfolder.

The problem I get when using Autotheme is similar:
Code:
[Tue Aug 31 09:26:35 2004] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: E:/apache2triad/htdocs/devsite1/{image-path}logo.gif
[client 127.0.0.1] script 'E:/apache2triad/htdocs/error.php' not found or unable to stat

The command {image-path} is a command that the autotheme module uses to find the images (the images are stored in a folder named images directly under the theme. The full path is: htdocs/devsite1/theme/testtheme1/images
This time instead of looking directly under the htdocs folder it is looking directly under my sitename folder. In both cases, it appears the system is looking in 2 folders too high.

These files and functions work perfectly on the hosted server but ftping every small change to test is a pain. Figure that is why we all have local servers. hehehe
Can anyone help me figure this out?

Cheers mates,
Confusedxx
LiquidSnake
past contributor
past contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Which WYSIWYG editor? Last i heard CPG had some problems with them??

You using Autotheme paid version, or AT-Lite?
confusedxx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Using AT 0.8 Lite and the editor is one being modded from HTMLarea.

It works perfectly from the hosted server but not from my local host.
Thought, since it seems to look in the directory that is 2 levels higher than where it should look, it might be my configuration on apache.
LiquidSnake
past contributor
past contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Installed CPG 8.2a, WYSIWYG-preBeta2.zip (the modded HTMLArea you mentioned), And AT-Lite .8 .. no glitches (that i can tell)

WYSIWYG worked flawless, i didn't have time to download any cpg-atlite themes, but the default themes worked (except the main menu was missing, dunno if thats what those themes do or not)

I do have some questions for you though. I assume you downloaded from your site and just plugged it in? if thats the case then thats where your problem lies most likely. do you know if your hosting is windows or linux? that could be another problem. Pathing problems are well known when you mix windows-linux apps, even if they are platform independent. Even when installed on same OS's

for example my linux apache htdocs is /srv/www/htdocs, my windows apache htdocs are /apache2triad/htdocs. Most of the time it doesn't matter because you have the base dir.. Just something for you to look into.

Also, you might want to check install URL, if you set CPG on your hosting server as (example) http://www.testcpgsite.com/public ... Then downloaded this to your development machine (apache2triad).. Then it would be still set up for http://www.testcpgsite.com/public, therefore when it looked for localhost/cpgsite the paths would get mixed up. I suggest you install the base CPG AT-Lite, HTMLArea locally, and just upload whatever needs updating that way (which of course your gonna have pathing problems still for the opposite reason i listed)

Anyways I hope you can understand..

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic