Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 sending SMTP Emails wont work
Google
lalo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi

I currently use version 1.5 and I use it exclusively as a "local" server, everything works fine but when I try to send emails through a CRM website I keep (with my SMTP Configurations enabled) I get an error and the emails wont go out.

I have checked and my Xmail is running, My PHP Mail test did worked, but I dont know if that has to do with what I need, so if someone could please let me know if I require to modify some settings for this to work, please help me.

Question Question Question Question
Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

see the tutorial for confguring xmail with your domain http://apache2triad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=634 , search around the forums
dualwielder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have had this problem. If you are using Cox's Service then there is little luck. You have to use thier SMTP server. If you have a router you can not recieve mail from your LAN. I may be wrong but I still have this problem and decided I will upgrade my service to buisness.
(Note: This is only If you use Cox's residential package.)
Joshua Meadows (DemoRic)
support
support

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had the problem, and narrowed it down to attachements. Check to see if your Anti-virus scans outgoing mail, it may fix it. I think that is my problem, but I haven't fully tested it yet. (just an idea anyways)
lalo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks people .... but it seems that none of you understood my problem. The thing is that I don't have a domain for this server because I use it to manage a local server exclusively, meaning none else has access to the apache2triad server from outside of the computer.

And you see, the email account I'm trying to use here is from my business website (with it's own domain) at another server I'm paying for. And I use the apache2triad server to keep my clients Database locally at a CRM website, and at this local website I have different accounts with my SMTP mail (from my domain at another server) configuration saved in order to send out emails. So i think I dont need xmail since the domain of the email address I'm using is not located at my Apache2triad local server.

Hope that wasn't more confusing. Shocked

@mancini
I said I'm using it locally (no domain)

@dualwielder
Whats is "Cox's Service"???

@Demoric
That is not it, I've tried without attachments, I've also disabled Norton, but no luck
Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

lalo , see the FAQ , you can not send mails to a mailbox on a FQDN without you having a FQDN too (will fail 90% of the times)

local mailbox can send to local mailbox
fqdn mailbox can send to fqdn mailbox
lalo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 7:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

mancini wrote:
lalo , see the FAQ , you can not send mails to a mailbox on a FQDN without you having a FQDN too (will fail 90% of the times)

local mailbox can send to local mailbox
fqdn mailbox can send to fqdn mailbox

Thanks and that's too bad Sad

I still don't get it, if I'm specifiyng on the script all of my SMTP info, there is no need for a domain, but whatever... Shocked

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic