Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 CMS stuff
Google
gaminde
donor
donor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I decided to blow away the existing install and try again. Did a fresh (re)install and the phpxmail issue went away.

I then uploaded (moved locally, actually) the files for the CMS tool "Xoops" and attempted the install. The Xoops wizard tests that two directories and one file are writeable and came back okay. Next, it attempts to update the file's contents and reported back an error saying the file was read-only.

I checked the attributes on the directories and files with Microstuff's file browser and, sure enough, it was read-only. I had to go up to the apache2triad directory and work my way down to modify the directory's attributes before I could modify the file's attrributes. Did that and tried again with Xoops but got the same results.

Now, prior to running A2T v1.4.1, I was running v1.5.1 and had installed Xoops and the install went fine. The only reason I moved to v1.4.1 was to install the CMS tool Drupal, which states it is not PHP5 compatible. So, I moved to v1.4.1 of A2T, installed Drupal and everything there was fine. However, as already stated, the Xoops install wasn't fine. This could very well be a Drupal thing (could it?). I don't know. And, I apologize, but I don't remember what the error logs contained as a result of trying to install Xoops.

In the end, I blew away the v1.4.1 and went back to v1.5.1. I installed Xoops okay and decided I wouldn't worry about Drupal.

If you are curious about the log entries, I can reinstall v1.4.1, try the Xoops install again and report back to you what the errors are.

Are you aware of a scenario where the directory tree/files would be changed (by the OS? by apache? by what?) to read-only?

thanks for the help!
Joshua Meadows (DemoRic)
support
support

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
The only reason I moved to v1.4.1 was to install the CMS tool Drupal, which states it is not PHP5 compatible.

Try E107 ( http://e107.org/news.php ) instead of drupal. It works just fine on php5 There's also a list of other cms systems at http://www.devside.net/web/lists/tools/website-tools#13 if that's not what you're wanting.[/quote]
gaminde
donor
donor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Demoric,

Thanks for the advice. I've narrowed my choices to Xoops or Mambo (learning towards Mambo) Both run fine under PHP5.

A2T provides the perfect setup to install either of these tools locally and develop/test before pushing everything up to your website.

For anyone reading this that is interested in an open source CMS; check out the links Demoric provided and also check out http://www.opensourcecms.com. There you will find a number of installed open source CMS tools that you can 'play' with - both the front-end and the admin back-end.

The combination of A2T and a CMS package is pretty sweeeet. Very Happy
Pheagey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have the same problem. Per your experiance and my not knowing hw to remide the problem, I shall install A2T 1.5.x.

Glad to see Im not the only one with this problem...

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic