Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 how do i configure whatever to allow access to the server ?
Google
antne

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ok after three days of searching,playing,tweaking and guessing i finnally got everything running smoothly on my machine...

yepeee Laughing

ok now.
how do i configure whatever to allow access to the server from the internet?

ive checked and i think i do have a static ip
ive got port 80 open
when i type my ip address or localhost into the browser bar it goes to the correct page...

but ive asked other people to try by typing my ip adress into their browsers but they just get a 404 page?

do i have to do something to route from port 80 to the server?

please help Sad
Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

the defaullt configuration of apache2triad has the apache server set up with listen 80
with this setting the http daemon binds on all interfaces available
this means both your loopback (localhost/127.0.01) interface and your nonloopback interface from your isp (your staticip/hostname)

your problem might be caused by your isp's router
check this with them
zork

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 12:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Antne, if your ISP changes your ip address everytime you log on you will need to type in the ip address you are on at that time.

Also if you are running Windows XP the internal firewall for XP will block you trying to connect your server, you will need to drop this if your accessing from somewhere else. Unless you get a decent firewall.

The easy way to find out if you ip changes is run the DOS function and type in IPCONFIG and make a note of the ip address. Then log off the internet and then relog on and do the same procedure again to get the ip address. If they are different you have a dynamic ip address which means it will change every time you log one. Id suggest getting a company that can supply you with a static name which updates when you log in i use www.no-ip.com its free to use which keeps in balance with Triad,

Hope this helps
________
smoke kills

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic