Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 A2T behind 2 routers
Google
Axeman747

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have A2t running behind a Belkin router and my DSL router. I had it working so that I could view the site from my own comp through my no-ip address, but noone could see it from outside. Now all I get is my DSL router when I try to access the site. I have the ports forwarded in both routers and the XP firewall is off. the DNS address is raiders.zapto.org . I checked on no-ip's site to see if my isp blocked port 80, 21, or 25 and they are all open. By the way great product!
Joshua Meadows (DemoRic)
support
support

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I can view your site just fine. Are you still having problems?
Axeman747

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I still can't get to it myself and now localhost doesn't even work. Strange that now it can be accessed from the web and now I can't. Thanks for checking it Demoric and the reply.
Joshua Meadows (DemoRic)
support
support

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay well now I can't access it either. If you can't view it via localhost it leads me to think that the apache server isn't running.

check for something listening on port 80:
start -> cmd.exe -> netstat -an

If something is listening check your hosts file at C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

You should have a line that says
Code:
127.0.0.1       localhost
Axeman747

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My vhost file is ok, but I believe it's a vhost problem in Apache. I have 4 sites to set up and when I try to add vhosts is when everything goes awry. I can set up a sigle site and view it fine but when I try to add the others all I get is my router config. I added a vhost block first for my main site and then the rest, I also added one for the localhost. I should mention I am running A2T on windows XP sp2.
SilverDragonRose

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think i am having a similar problem here.....

I am running a cable modem -> belkin router -> computer setup. the firewall on the router is turned off and i have had no problems with any other programs... I can see the site locally but nobody else can... could somebody point me in the right direction... i am sure this has been covered but i do not even know what to look for to find a solution since i do not know the problem.... thank you

ps i am also using no-ip to mask my ip... i am using my computers direct ip on that site and thus am able to access my own site/files via te web.... i have tried both this ip and the ip on the router but niether works.... this has to be something simple.. i am somewhat new to this
thanks again
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic