Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 Upgrading has srewed my SQL connection
Google
bobterveuren

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all

I was upgrading to the latest Apache2Triad from 1.2.2 when it all went pear shaped. I decided to revert to my previous configuration and it all went OK apart from one thing - I can no longer 'connect' to the MySQL database.

The service runs starts automatically under windows. I can use winmysqladmin to examine the database and it seems to show that all tables etc etc are there. The my.ini file is intact. However any request to the database throught a php page on the webserver fails.

phpmyadmin chucks up a logon box - if I enter 'root' and 'password' it fails.

I have tried resetting the root password in MySQL to that in the my.ini file - that does not help.
A bit more digging and comparing old backups to the ones done with the backup utility - seems that many of the sql files in the sql/data folder were not backed up - restoring these manually generates the correct php pages.

Manual connection to the SQL database is possible through the DOS prompt - however phpmyadmin still refuses to connect with the correct user and password?

Bob
Joshua Meadows (DemoRic)
support
support

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
A bit more digging and comparing old backups to the ones done with the backup utility
What utility?

Check your php scripts to see if they are using the correct username/password.

If this is all okay revert to your old install,
export your database files to *.sql files,
uninstall,
copy your backup files to your apache2triad folder preserving the file structures,
install new version,
import your sql backup files,
recopy your config files over,
run domain change in the control panel.
bobterveuren

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi there

Well I've dug around, and around, and around - I cannot find any reason wmy phpmyadmin refused to connect to My SQL - in the end I downloaded the latest phpmyadmin install ation file, unzipped it into the htdocs/phpmyadmin directory, changed the passwrod in config.inc.php and off we went - no problem, phpmyadmin is up and running just fine.

I used the backup utility provided by Andy Carmody (sp?) and reckon that either I goofed up on one of the settings or my PC corrupted one of the saved files - what seems to have happened is simply that the SQL database did not copy out correctly.

All is now fixed and running fine

Thanks

Bob
LiquidSnake
past contributor
past contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My util does not back up Either MySql or phpmyadmin system components, the only data it should have backed up in Mysql was the DB's you selected. you say you upgrading from 1.2.2, there may have been some system files it backed up that were not supposed to.
bobterveuren

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LiquidSnake wrote:
My util does not back up Either MySql or phpmyadmin system components, the only data it should have backed up in Mysql was the DB's you selected. you say you upgrading from 1.2.2, there may have been some system files it backed up that were not supposed to.

Hi there

I've run the whole thing again from the start and, this time, it went pretty well - the script did all that it was supposed to do this time so I reckon that Windows must have monged the previous attempt in some way.

I do not use default settings for several folders/directories and I was most impressed that the script changed all the conf files for me - many thanks

Bob
LiquidSnake
past contributor
past contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

the only "changes" it should make is to the httpd.conf and slimftpd.conf files, and these are only minor changes, and aslo if you selected something from either.

Quote:

I do not use default settings for several folders/directories

if you could please tell me which ones you are reffering too? The program simply is just a "organized" zip manager for a2t, and like I said no changes should occur, but please tell me what you mean. Thanks

At any rate glad you got things sorted out.
bobterveuren

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

LiquidSnake wrote:

if you could please tell me which ones you are reffering too? The program simply is just a "organized" zip manager for a2t, and like I said no changes should occur, but please tell me what you mean. Thanks

Sorry - maybe my English does not explain thing properly.
What I meant was that I do not have the apache2triad program in the default folder - I use another. I told the script that and it changed the appropriate files - not sure if it was your script or the A2T installer? In any case it worked a treat - thank you again
Bob

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic