Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 Updating?
Google
matt546

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ive been using your product for a few weeks now. I love it. I have however been wondering about the updates. 1.5.2 is a little far behind the updates for PHPXmail, SlimFTP, PHPftp, uebimiau Mail, and I think openssl. Will there be an update soon to include these updates because some are pretty important security updates. If not, am I able to manually update them?

Thanks
Matt
LiquidSnake
past contributor
past contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You can manually update some of those programs (all the html, php scripts are fairly easy, just read the upgrade instuctions, plug in the variable and your finished).. The other however can be fairly complicated. If you thouroughly read the upgrade instructions, and know where each is located (config files ect ect.) you can simply install over it, then re-configure, quite a tedious task. MySql for example, I upgraded here awhile back to a newer version, and it wouldnt work until I ran a sql query on it (which came with the newer version, just had to read the readme to find out).

I would wait for Alex's official comment on the updates. It would be a tremedous waste of time to do all that if he was going to release something soon, however, I have not seen any mention of any beta test releases so far, which he usually post for us to test it out.

But, from experience, I highly recommend you make backups of everything you try to upgrade, just so in case it all falls aart and you can revert to you old, known working set-up.

Keyword on BACKUP YOUR EXISTING FILES!
matt546

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well I mostly wanted to update Xmail and SlimFTP stuff. It looks easy enough. Thanks for the fast response Very Happy Ill look forward to a beta hopefully in the future Cool
Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

new versions of both 1.4 and 1.5 series will be released this month , i have been a bit busy lately and i am still waiting on the new php 4 release

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic