Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 HOSTING CONTROL PANEL
Google
lvlymatt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

HEY, people i have been working on a hosting control panel for windows under apache for almost three months now, and im almost done, porbable next month i may start taking up beta users, , the control panel itself is exactly like cpanel in all aspects including the themes, and its also skinnable, i have really tried to emulate all the kool features of cpanel and some features of plesk and so far its pretty good,.the current features include
1.htacces and htpassword management.
2.hosted members have their own virtual hosts which are automatically set up.
3.advanced user management.
4.personall messaging service between members.
5.database management and backup and restoration.
6.automated ftp creation
i could go on and on for ages, thats just a small bit of the features,
so if you think or thought that zpanel is a hosting control panel, then you aint seen nothing yet..and best of all its under an open source licence.
chriske

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There isnt a webhost control panel for apache2triad? i saw some apache2triadHP or someting but cant find that anywere anymore.
lvlymatt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i did mention that i was working on a hosting control panel, for windows hosts, its called cpanelapache, due for release next month. or earlier
door33
tester
tester

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Being that apache2triad was primary made for DEVOLPMENT AND NOT FOR HOSTING.
there shoulndt be a hosting control panel and being that from my experiene setting quotas on windows is probally impossible and theres no use for it. And being that hosting on windows is unsecure and your trying to make a quick buck or to to give people cheap ass hosting. i mean im getting fed up with everyone not searching and asking for a control panel if you really want to do hosting you would make your own control panel. And apache2triad is a nice product but many of you are just using it for the wrong reasons. I mean if you want to start a hosting company use a differnt os not windows where a services runs as the system and using the right php scripts somenoe can take over your server So this is my rant would you stop asking for a hosting control panel i mean it really gets annoying im nobody here but i sure as hell know other people get mad of same questions.
lvlymatt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

1st of all door33, nothings impossible, then next of all, it is possible to host on windows, if theres a malfuncition in the script, it could always be fixed, not every body out there is a linux guru, so its jus kool sometimes to have something simple enough for people to use.and as far as the hosting goes, some people don jus want to make money, hell no, some people probable jus like to host friends or family or something, i mean people jus script the programs they dont tell you what to do with it.
Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

windows lacks many features that make unixes good hosting platforms
quota's are available on windows ntfs partitions however

and it is posible that someone can add those missing features to windows

what is imposible is anyone besides microsoft adding features to the windows kernel

so when windows goes gpl that will surely be possible

so door was verry right in most of the things he said

either way good luck with your cp , and just as a note there is a great free cp for linux (webcp) , maybe you can port that to windows and i will add it to apache2triad , even tho apache2triad is for software development and not for webhosting
lvlymatt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

well web cp is a good control panel i must admit i checked it out, and yeah i think i might be able to port that to windows, but i wont be able to port the dns stuff, coz me and dns servers just don go well together, they are just so complex lol.
poppaducci

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Door 33 shut yo face if you dont know what ur talking about
If you did anything else beside cut and paste scripts and repeat what you hear then you might learn something. All you need to do is control quotas with PHP.....Why can't you control quotas?? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard........................

Get a life or just sit back and listen to people that know how to program and solve the problems rather then running your mouth and creating them by being a jerk.I have already implemented my own webhosting control panel and it is independant of os or server package php based. I have implemented quotas with PHP........................ Twisted Evil
Zpanel-Staff94

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, My name is Aaron Land

I am the director of security for Zee-Way Services and it has came to my attention that the user-name of these fourms "lvlymatt" has posted a personal outlook of Zpanel. I want it to be known that this member is noway affiliated with Zee-Way Services and or Zpanel other then being a message poster on our forums. We understand that Apache2Triad is not meant for hosting and we completely understand. But when you said quote "And being that hosting on windows is insecure and your trying to make a quick buck or to to give people cheap ass hosting." I find this statement completely untrue and insulting. If what you say is true wheres the scientific facts that windows is insecure. And I don't quite understand how you can say Cheap ass web hosting when its been a fact that large company's(names disclosed) has offered us proposals for the use of our software in their data installations.

P.s It's nice to FINLAY see some competitors. It just makes our employees and volunteers work more avid.
Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well i am the founder , creator , maintainer and virtually sole apache2triad developer , and i am the only one that can officially comment on apache2triad's side.

I can not be held responsible for what users post on these forums , and indeed it was reported at the latest RSA connference that windows not only as secure but even more secure than linux and it seems that the windows dns server can be finally script managed , but hey what do 6,000 sysadmins know.

My distribution of software , Apache2Triad , was created and is geared thowards the purpose of software development , however it seems to be well suited for hosting purposes at some extent.

My control panel for Apache2Triad , Apache2TriadCP , was created to manage and control the servers , not the hosted users , but it might be suited for hosting too at some extent.

Nevertheless my primary focus and interest is on helping software developers with my software , not web hosters , if my software is used for hosting purposes that might be just a side effect of its quality.

Last edited by Vlad Alexa Mancini on Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
poppaducci

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I appreciate your comments in the previous post. I attempted being a Linux guru at a certain point in my career. However, the lack of driver development and the need to write your own software and drivers for lots of items that are necessary for graphics development and the like just drove me away. Also the lack of broad usb support which exists in the linux / unix community is a real bummer. Hardly any cable modems or dsl modems are supported via usb technologies. Anyways, I grew fond of the simple fact that windows has drivers for just about any peripheral. There is a wide array of software for virtually any purpose which is compatible with windows. There is major technology advances in windows that the public is not even aware of... There are electronic items which operate on a 30gigahertz level now. that means that CPU's exist which have a 30ghz bandwidth capacity. This is mindblowing. The richest man in the world is Bill Gates whther you like him or not. He has special permission from the feds to print his own money. That is because of the vast amount of money transferred from the hands of Microsoft to its partners and business contacts. No one bank could possibly handle the daily monetary transactions of Microsoft. we are talking *Hundreds of Millions & Even Billions* Point being they are severely partnered technologically with the feds. So anyways, this is a testament to the advanced nature of Microsoft's capabilities. Yes you cannot tweak the Kernel of windows.... However, with the major programming languages...C++, C, C# You can make virtually anything possible on a windows system. You can tweak and configure windows to act and behave as you wish it too. it takes technological know how and also some time. I give you my word it is definitely easier to secure and tweak out a Windows system to suit your needs then it is to do the same to a hacked up Linux os..... Linux Sucks.... Yeah it comes server ready. yeah you got cpanel and things like that that work fine on Linux but that's it. then you have to really know what you are doing to secure your Linux system. it is a lot harder to secure the loopholes in a hacked system like Linux which has so many aspects which novice users no so little about. I firmly believe that the best OS out there to support your CP(Apache2Triad) is Windows without a shadow of a doubt.....Hands down. the best port for any Cpanel is windows if you want your CP to ever gain any major popularity that is.... Windows is most consistent as well, who feels like making drastic changes everytime someone comes out with a new Linux Kernel... I am done. Sorry if I offended anyone, I am here to *bash*(no pun intended....jk....I did intend it**) if you must........

Sincerely,
Poppaducci
lvlymatt

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hi guys the HOSTING CONTROL PANEL I WAS TALKING ABOUT IS ONLINE.
CHECK IT OUT AT.
cpanelapache.com
edmarriner

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

this sounds really cool. Very Happy

i think the idea of hosting using the system would be good ( even though it was made for developers Wink ) good luck with it!

im learning php and mySQL at the moment so this interests me Smile

lol you never know , i might writes some extentions (like hacks and mods when i have learn more php + mySQL Laughing )
Slo

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

lvlymatt wrote:
hi guys the HOSTING CONTROL PANEL I WAS TALKING ABOUT IS ONLINE.
CHECK IT OUT AT.
cpanelapache.com

How do I download it??? I signed up as a member to get Cpanel,but I did not get a confirming email?????

Slo...
lvlymatt

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 4:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

the whole thing is still in development so thats y there is no download yet , but there will be soon, so just hang in there.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic