Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 postgres db cluster initialization problem
Google
soulzllc

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I just did a fresh install of 1.5.2 i used to have the one before but I noticed the same problem...

I just formated my system, im running on a fresh install of everything Im on WinXP Pro.

The problem is, and yes I noticed a slight mention thereof of this problem but I didnt find a solution to it for a win based system. anyway, its pgsql didnt install.. or it did but only a smidge i guess you can say..

Directories -
/bin
/lib
/manual
/share

are all there and I think intact with all files needed but since i never used postgres before im not sure. I do know the /data directory is missing though, and if theres anything else missing im unsure.. I want to go out an get a copy of the postgres database from the pgsql site.. but since im workin with triad, I want the one thats intergrated to use with triad.. can anyone help, or tell me what my options are?

note: everything else installed for triad installed fine and works accordingly. its only a problem with the pgsql

thanks in advance for your help Smile
Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

FAQ #22
soulzllc

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

well that all helped its installed, though i did read where you pointed me prior to posting and it didnt help but I tryed a few other things i didnt along the similar constraints and it worked, now my problem is I have no clue as to what the password is to the database to edit it an start working.. any idea how I can aquire the password to the database..

Well before anyone answers that Ill tell ya what I had to do in order to get it installed..

I had to create a dummy user on my system because for some reason or another pgsql kept deleteing the data directory saying something along the lines of please use an account with limited ability to prevent security issues. So I did, I created the account, logged in under it an that installed it..

however I dun messed up somewhere else, an seemed to have caused it to do something some where and well yea root:password combo dont work.. maybe just maybe i forgot to config something? Ideas?

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic