Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 Apache2triad and php debugging
Google
Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 8:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

since version 1.2 apache2triad comes with the dbg and xdebug php extensions

The DBG extension is used by php IDE's like PhpED , PHPEdit and Php Expert Editor for debugging php code

After a easy configuration of the options of both ide's they can be made to use apache2triad's native suport for debugging from version 1.2 on

The Xdebug extension is a debugger in itself and shows debugging info in the same place as the erors printed by the script (if display_errors is on) but it is also a interface to IDE's like Komodo

happy debugging

Last edited by Vlad Alexa Mancini on Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:55 am; edited 6 times in total
jstucken

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

this is good news...

I have been using apache2triad1.1.8 and have been programming my php without debugging. Is there an option to enable it? I would love to know how to enable PHP debugging in this version, or should i just install version 1.2?

Thanks
jstucken

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 3:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OK I've downloaded and installed apachetriad 1.2

I open in my browser a working php page off localhost/test/test.php, no probs, it displays beautifully. I then edit this test.php page and remove one vital character such as a ; off the end of a line, to simulate an error.

I try open the page again in the browser, this time it just displays all white. This is just like apache2triad1.1.8. I can't get debugging to work.

I've tried running the DbgListener in the background and still same story.

I've used other apache/php products such as foxpro where it told the line of the error etc. But apachetriad is so much better a package i really want to stay with it. Just got to nut out this debugging...

Help!?
jstucken

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yey! Success at last...

I ran Apache2CP from the start menu, clicked the Apache2CP top left corner, clicked 'php configuration' link. I changed Show errors = On

Now when I run the php page I get:
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_IF in C:\apache2\htdocs\intranet\main.php on line 18

Just what I wanted to see (seriously!). Debugging.

I thought this would be enabled by default but I can understand that people want this option off if they are hosting the php pages and don't want users to see the details if there is an error.

I am very impressed with apache2triad and I can imagine all the time and effort that must have gone into making it. So a big complements there, it rocks!
AjnabiZ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Why cant we enable Zend Optimizer along with Dbg.

I want to install DBG for Nusphere PHPEd.

http://support.nusphere.com/viewtopic.php?t=576
Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

for the same reason you can not eat and sing in the same time , there is only one interface for the debugging plugins and they need exclusive access

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic