Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 SLIMFTP help
Google
jwfc

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow, I feel lucky to have found this forum Razz . Basically I want an ftp server set up so my friends can download pictures off vacations off of me rather than sending each one individually through gmail. Don't worry, I'm not bootlegging movies =P.

I downloaded Serv-U until I found out that I already had SlimFTP running because I use Apache2Triad for my web development. I tried searching for this problem, but I did not see any occurrences. Basically my problem is this:

I thought I set it up correctly giving a username, password, folder to access, and setting my router with the appropriate permissions. My computer savvy friend from his home computer helped me set it up and it seemed to work fine because he was able to download and upload to my computer folder. So I thought all was well.

My other non computer savvy friends tried to upload their pics from our trip to me, but they got some error. Unfortunately I do not know what the error is since they couldn't remember. I could try and find out.

My other computer savvy friend tried to access this folder too, and it did not work. He said that I might be able to find it in my logfile. I try to open up my logfile, and it says, "Access denied, in use by another application." I try to go into my Task Manager and End Task for SlimFTP, and it says Access Denied.

So in the end I'd like to either fix SlimFTP to work on my home computer, or somehow disable it and try Serv U or something. Does anyone have any advice? This is really just for pics and digital camera videos, nothing very big in size, so the easiest method for non computer savvy people would be dandy Wink .
Joshua Meadows (DemoRic)
support
support

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

try using services.msc to stop SlimFTP

Also check your config file for mis-configurations.
It was my experience if you mis-configure one user all users after it and that user may login but won't have access. Be EXTRA careful about your slashes and quotes. They are easy to add and easy to look over.
jwfc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I went into that services.msc to stop the slimFTP application. But it still won't let me open up my log because it says it's in use by another application. Any advice?
Joshua Meadows (DemoRic)
support
support

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Try turning off your Antivirus.

Also many time you can copy a file that is 'locked' by another process.
Sometimes you can rename a file and that will work also.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic