Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 Multiple domains...
Google
snarf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm trying to set up multiple domain mail servers, but there is only one server.tab file. So, whichever server info i put in there is the only one that will work. How do you make more than one domain work?

Thanks,
-Bill
Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

\mail\apache2triad_mail.txt wrote:
all domains must have line in domains.tab and dir under domains\ with its name

reading a bit would have not hurt , see the xmail manual link from the cp for more details on doing this manually , log in to phpxmail from the same place to do it using a GUI
snarf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I already have them all in domains.tab and they all have a dir under domains\

I guess I should have posted that. I have been reading for a while and made sure I searched all I could before posting a question.

It still doesn't work. also I can only log in to the localhost server, the others act as if they are going to connect but say "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."

Do I need to open port 6017? If I do, it tells me my password is wrong. (Which it is not.) Sad

I can actually connect to the servers through outlook, but can only pull messages off the server if the server.tab file has THAT domain set up. Seems that if there was a server.tab file for EACH domain, it would work, but there is only one such file...
Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

snarf wrote:
Seems that if there was a server.tab file for EACH domain, it would work, but there is only one such file...

that is nonsense , just use phpxmail to create domains
snarf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I already have them all in domains.tab and they all have a dir under domains\

I guess I should have posted that. I have been reading for a while and made sure I searched all I could before posting a question.

It still doesn't work. also I can only log in to the localhost server, the others act as if they are going to connect but say "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."

I already did, but they don't work....

That is my point, question, problem....

I just need help in figuring out why they don't work. I am just giving as much information as possible to help figure it out.....

Edit:

Just to add, If I look at the domains/users while logged in under localhost, it shows that I have 2 messages. But uebimiau shows 0 . Confused

Fixed....I guess you must have you username as "user@domain.com", not just "user".

Weird, thought I should have received errors if the user was wrong. Rolling Eyes
Terry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Fixed....I guess you must have you username as "user@domain.com", not just "user".

Thankyou SO much for posting that. I was going mad trying to get my other domains working.

I had configured everything correctly, but in my POP3 client I just had the username and not username@domain.com

You saved me from yet more hours of fiddling. Thanks.

Regards Terry.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic