Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 cant send out email
Google
Rashnu

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok i got my xmail server setup and have read all the sticky posts here but i still cant send out any mail with any mail clients i can receive mail to this server but if i compose a email and send it out no one ever receives the mail... so i must have smtp messed up or am just stupid. i have opened up the proper ports in my router 25 and 110. so what am i missing. I do have a fqdn and it points to my ip at my house so i thinking mybe my isp is blocking port 25 from going out but not to sure on how to check this to see if this is the problem.... really kind stumped

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Rash

Ok after disabling the smtpdefaultgateway in the server tab i can send mail out but in now shows up as junk mail or in my bulk mail boxes is their something im missing am i suspose to use my isp addy as the gateway in this setting or what i would like my mail to show up in the inbox now that i got it working ... will keep hammering away at it till i figue it out

rash
Joshua Meadows (DemoRic)
support
support

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Many ISP's have no gone to identifying emails from dynamic ip's as questionable. Or some won't except mail unless its 'certified'

There are a few things you could try:
(1) you could have your mail server relay to your isp's smtp
(2) you could try using a secure tunnel program to have ssl/tls smtp on port 465
(3) you could try using a port forward to use the smtp-auth port (587) to forward to local smtp port (25)
(4) you could also see if you could send your emails using ip6 protocol.

Honestly I think it's a poor deal that ISP's are doing this, but I understand they're want to reduce spam (and operation costs). I myself am searching for the solution. I've read persons having success with the previous examples. I've had mixed results depending on what I use to send the mail (scripts or email client).

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic