Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 Update/Backup utility
Google
LiquidSnake
past contributor
past contributor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've often pondered on the thought of creating a useful backup utility for apache2triad, well i got bored over the weekend and came up with a2t backup. it can help you backup the files you need to save when you upgrade apache2triad. it doesn't save all of your website, just some of the most altered parts of it, so you can simply plug them back into your site after an update. I'd like to see a 'restore' feature, this is highly possible, but as i do this in my spare time, it could be awhile. it currently doesn't backup any postgres information, as i dont ever use it, or have even the slightest clue about it. I hope to include it sometime in the future though. I hope it's useful for some, it saves me a great deal of time. read the readme.txt included to get an idea of what you can and can't do. would love some feedback, good or bad Smile depending on the feedback will determine if I should continue this project.

download it here.

please use this at your own risk, although I don't forsee many problems, there could be some problems on different platforms. and READ THE README.TXT!!!

thanks

**NEW VERSION**

Optimized some code, saves much much faster now. Some other annoying bugs I came across.

I removed the file from the forum, if you want to keep track check here.

Last edited by LiquidSnake on Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:18 am; edited 2 times in total
fatmcgav

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey,

anybody got a link for the latest version of this. Just the links dont want to work for me.

Cheers
Fatmcgagv
Joshua Meadows (DemoRic)
support
support

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I found a copy I have I'll host it for awhile:

v.12 4-27-05
*edit old d/l removed

Mirror of v.18
http://jaydium.servehttp.com/download.php?view.23

Last edited by Joshua Meadows (DemoRic) on Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
LiquidSnake
past contributor
past contributor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://andy.carmony.net/files/

My site had a bomb exploded, now the MySql DB went south .... Anyways there is the link for the files. latest was .18 ...

However, there are still a few bugs ... And I have put all Apache2Triad related material on hold for now, to many projects going on now. I hope to return to the A2T community soon. Also, I suggest a MySql dump vs the Backup utility for Mysql backups... Apparently the different versions of MySql can sometimes be incompatible .. (they can be made compatible, but a time consuming thing)

good luck
Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i had added the program to the tools section on the apache2triad download page , andy if you are still planning to work on this i can give you sourceforge permissions to add new releases there by yourself

btw i think you should add a licence file and a archive with the sources in the package

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic