Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 Uploadinga file errors
Google
jhechtf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok, well the FTP server works and everything, its just that i have an odd little issue.

The FTP server has a few users, most being myself(although i never really use it, its just kinda there for snits n giggles).

But a friend of mine wants to be able to look at some of the projects ive got going, so he wants an FTP account so get can look at, and even edit and change some things if he really needs to.

So in phpSFTPD i made him a username and a password, assigned him a directory(i gave him access to the main directory, htdocs because he want 2 projects in general and it's just complicated). But if he reads a subdirectory(say the directory is called" test" and sub directory would be" subdir")

and he tries to upload a file to it, it says its not allowed, even though in the Allow portion of his user i put :Allow / All.

Does anyone know why it wont let him overwrite files in the subdirectory?(or delete them for that matter)
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
1-11

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm having the same problem. In dreamweaver, I can get files, but I can't put any files. Anyone have an idea on this? Using a Windows XP machine as server.
Turtle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

yes im getting the same problem but under root user

it wont allow to upload any files what so ever

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic