Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 Image/file sizes
Google
BirdForce

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I recently installed apache2triad. All works great except most images/big files.. And I am wondering if there is a setting some where to turn up file sizes that are permitted.
kolatracks
past contributor
past contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 11:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What is the exact problem your having. I fail to understand exactly what your reffering to.

Apache itself doesn't need any extra configuration to support tranfers of large binaries. However at the same time php only allows uploads of a certain size.

It really depends on what you mean but if just simply mean serving large files over HTTP then apache needs no extra configuration for that.

Perhaps if you were to explain exactly what you mean then I could could give more detail on possible solutions.
BirdForce

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I first experianced the problem when I installed invasion powerboard.. the top logo half loaded.. top part looked fine then the bottom part was all screwed up. I just kinda ignored it and created a new top image for it and it was smaller in size so it worked.

I then started testing out phpnuke themes that I downloaded. And about 10/14 I downloaded the top image did the exact same thing. I then took those images into photoshop and reduced the size and they worked.

Another thing is I created a small flash thing that I would of been working on and was creating a loader for it and wanted to test it out. So I put the files into the htdocs or which ever folder and went to another computer and typed in the address. it didn't load anything. just a blank screan. Meaning there is something telling my site to not alow big sized files.
kolatracks
past contributor
past contributor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I had this problem before but it wasn't server related.

If I remmember correctly this happens when Internet Explorers cache is full. Try emptying your cache and see if that helps.

If that doesn't help then try searching these forums. I THINK it was covered here before. I definatly remmember it being discussed but I'm not sure if it was on these forums. It might have been here tho'

Either way this has nothing to do with apache.
BirdForce

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

forget about me Crying or Very sad
kolatracks
past contributor
past contributor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

what do you mean by 'forget about me'?
Is that a question or are you telling me to forget about you?
dsstrainer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think he isn't explaining it right. I have the same problem as well.

I have apache2triad installed on my PC and everything works perfect. Except when I try to use an HTTP uploading php script any file over 5MB fails to upload. I went into the apache2triad php settings and changed the max file upload size from 2M to 1000M and restarted the PC and still only allows 5MB max. I can't figure out why. My upload phpscript is also set for a max file size of 1000MB
Bulldog

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

dsstrainer wrote:

I have apache2triad installed on my PC and everything works perfect. Except when I try to use an HTTP uploading php script any file over 5MB fails to upload. I went into the apache2triad php settings and changed the max file upload size from 2M to 1000M and restarted the PC and still only allows 5MB max. I can't figure out why. My upload phpscript is also set for a max file size of 1000MB

Sorry, I know this is an old thread, but I see this problem was never resolved.

I'm having the same problem with the 1.5.3 build of Apache2Triad. Except my uploads become corrupt if they are over 2 MB. Everything for php is set to allow 20 MB max file sizes. Any help would be appreciated.
dsstrainer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bulldog wrote:
dsstrainer wrote:

Sorry, I know this is an old thread, but I see this problem was never resolved.

I'm having the same problem with the 1.5.3 build of Apache2Triad. Except my uploads become corrupt if they are over 2 MB. Everything for php is set to allow 20 MB max file sizes. Any help would be appreciated.

You know it was so long ago I can't remember Razz. I don't use it that much anymore to remember it all that well.
justforjest

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I know this is an year old thread but I came across the same problem and googling took me here. I just found the solution. Edit php.in and set max_upload_size and mas_post_size both to something high. The lower of the both will apply.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic