Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 using xmail on a development pc with no internet connection
Google
butlerps

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 4:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

hi, I need some help, a simple yes or no answer would do for starts!!!!!
I've just loaded a2t and think it is the best thing since sliced bread. As part of the a2t package you get xmail (I'll get to the point in a moment!!!) I've installed a2t on a standalone development pc running xp and thought it would be cool if i could test the mail functions of my scripts and websites that i'm developing. I've run the test script and get the email sent to admin@localhost and it works but obviously that is not a valid e-mail address in the form of name@companyname.com. All my scripts check for a valid e-mail address, so my question is.........can I set up apache/php/xmail to think that it had a domain name without having to have it connected through an isp to get its dns! I am a complete newbie, i don't want to get into hosting (for the foreseeable future) I just would love to be able to thoroughly test my scripts off-line before ftp-ing them to my server. any help would be welcomed! thanks!
Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

no , all DNS queries for FQDN's start with root servers that are on the internet

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic