Apache2Triad Help, Support and Development Forum Index Search Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Register Memberlist Attachments Statistics Crew/Ranks Archive
 MySQL Database problem
Google
Snake Diamond

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have just installed the Apache2Triad Setup, works a treat!

However, I have 1 or 2 PHP Manuals I am using to learn to program in PHP, & they ask me to create an example Database, "Employees" in MySQL. That's where my problem lies, I cannot figure out how to do this Crying or Very sad

Also, I did as the Readme suggested, i changed the default password for the Admin of Apache. But how do I change the admin/general Username & Passwords for the programs, so that I have the programs PHPMyAdmin, PHPNuke, MySQL, Apache etc set for my Username & Password, without any1 else being able to have access, unless 1 is specifically created for them? I need to learn how to do that as well.
Snake Diamond

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, just found out how to create the Database i need Very Happy

But what about all the default passwords for apache, mysql, php etc, i want "everything" to have NO access to any1 cept for myself, & i want to change the default "triadpass" password. I have looked through some of the ini/config files, but some of them have multiple instances of "password" in each file, i don't know which 1 to alter.

also, what do i do, to change the Admin Username from Root, to my own choice of Admin Username ?

Tks again, your program & this site is the bomb! Cool
Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
But what about all the default passwords for apache, mysql, php etc, i want "everything" to have NO access

the password changing script changes the triadpass password everywhere .. folders , configs , databases etc

as for the root user of phpbb , would it disturb you if you would just tet it be an register another user with the name of your choice and give it administration privileges ?
Snake Diamond

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks, that helps knowing all the passwords are changed with that 1 Script. Very Happy

The Admin "root" user, that's ok to let be, it was mainly just a lil quiery.

What, I have been wondering, the Password I replaced with that script, I have looked through some of the INI/Config Files & it says (specifically in MySQL) that my Admin User Name & Password are passed to all MySQL Clients, is that any user accessing MySQL, or programs using MySQL?

Is that a Secure Function, or should i change the [client] username & password ?

#settings for winmysqladmin
[WinMySQLAdmin]
#change the server path if you want to use custom mysql daemon
Server=C:/apache2/mysql/bin/mysqld.exe
user = ****
password = *************

# This will be passed to all mysql clients
[client]
port=3306
user = ****
password = *************
Vlad Alexa Mancini
lead developer
lead developer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

this is not rally a concern as mysql accepts connections only from the computer it is installed on

Quote:
bind-address = 127.0.0.1

however if someone would be to control your computer and start a mysql console locally he would login with root permissions automatically

in that case however the mysql server might be the least of your worries but still i will se about securing this
Snake Diamond

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

ok, tks. Very Happy

still fairly new to all this, so i appreciate the help & info.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic